Worth extra for a D1?

The description says D1 cabins have an extra large balcony. Is it worth extra for this (we do like sitting on the balcony but are wondering if the extra size is really worth it). Thanks.

I have a D1 on Deck 7 and I don't think my description says extra large balcony.

I thought D1 was a basic balcony, which is why I booked it (today). I have a D1 with a Q across the hall aft.

I booked a D1 on Deck 7 behind the aft elevators on port side. Even though it is only a little difference, my balcony is also larger?

Can it fit a lounge chair and/or does it have one?

Does anyone have any pictures?

Thank you.

The description says D1 cabins have an extra large balcony. Is it worth extra for this (we do like sitting on the balcony but are wondering if the extra size is really worth it). Thanks.

I agree with Bajathree. We were on Oasis with D1 cabin 12202. Paid a wee bit more for the larger balcony but it was incredibly windy - much more so than on any balcony I've experienced. Because of this, I spent far less time on the balcony than typical, so really was a waste. Balconies on D1 are clearly larger when you see them, but unless you need the extra space to set up a poker table out there, I don't think it's worth the additional buckos. We booked D4 for next month's Oasis trip.

(Anyone else notice there are no lights on the Oasis balconies - what's up with that?)

I agree with Bajathree. We were on Oasis with D1 cabin 12202. Paid a wee bit more for the larger balcony but it was incredibly windy - much more so than on any balcony I've experienced. Because of this, I spent far less time on the balcony than typical, so really was a waste. Balconies on D1 are clearly larger when you see them, but unless you need the extra space to set up a poker table out there, I don't think it's worth the additional buckos. We booked D4 for next month's Oasis trip.

(Anyone else notice there are no lights on the Oasis balconies - what's up with that?)

I was in a Crown Loft and there were lights on the balcony.

We had a D1 7598 center hump on Oasis. We had our cabin attendant bring us a lounge chair for the larger balcony. It was nice but I suppose I could have done without it.

Our room had a light switch for the balcony behind the curtain on the opposite side of the siding door. Never used it.

Archived