Hair dryers on Avalon

grandpa cruiser

Thanks Letsgo,

Sorry you had to postpone your trip. It is thanks to you that we are on Avalon--looking forward to our new adventure in river cruising--we are die hard ocean liner cruisers!!

Careful river cruising is very addictive!:D I was very glad we had booked with Avalon.

We are booked for July now and I told my DH today the anticipation is like doing it twice. I know you will have a wonderful time.

• 4 weeks later...

Gramps, would you mind coming back and posting about how the hairdryer was? I have long hair, and an 1850 watt dryer. On the ocean cruises the dryers in the cabins are not strong enough. Like your wife, I don't want to lug it if I don't have to...plus I've been worrying about the voltage/transformer stuff.

Our first river cruise is Oct 21 on the Tranquility, and I have to agree that letsgo has been (and will be) a huge help!

When is yours?

I too use an 1850 hair drier. I bought a travel size one for our Med ocean cruise last year, but after trying it out at home, hated it. So I lugged my big one along. Which I would probably do again. HOWEVER.... I'm a little worried about the wattage on the river ship. I have a conversion set of plugs, but not sure I'll be able to use the higher voltage. My dh thinks I'm willy to worry so much about hair driers. But, really it can make or break my "hair day". HA

Wondering if the hairdriers onboard are more than the ones offered in hotels...those stupid two speeders. ug

I too use an 1850 hair drier. I bought a travel size one for our Med ocean cruise last year, but after trying it out at home, hated it.

I have a Remington travel hairdryer - dual voltage and folds. It has travelled the world with me for many years now! Uniworld had excellent dryers but can't speak for the other lines.

I'm going to research the Remington. Thanks!

stretchcruz, I have found the travel blowers to be much like the hotel type...loud and with only high and low and very little as far a temp range. I like hot, warm and cool temps and two speeds. And with uber power!;)

Archived