Mango Mango - Ensenada

duckfans13

I will be in Ensenada next week and was wanting to go to Mango Mango and/or Papa's and Beer. Does anyone know if I can walk there from the pier or do I need a taxi? Does the ship offer any type of shuttle to town? And since I am asking, does anyone have their preference as to where to go or have other suggestions. I am looking for a fun place to spend a few hours drinking a few cold beers and maybe a lunch. Thanks all in advance.

Debbie

When I was in Ensenada back in September, my mom and I did the Mexican cooking class at Mango Mango and we boarded a bus at the pier. I don't know if the bus driver took us on a scenic route or not but it did seem quite a ways away (i.e. NOT within walking distance). I think the taxi's are pretty cheap though. Hope this helps :D

If you are in good condition, it is easily walkable. It's about a 10-15 minute walk, maybe half mile or more. From the pier just head into town, cross the bridge, go in one block and then left. Down about 6 blocks on left is Papas and across street is Mango. Afternoon at Papas is much more lively. Youtube it if you don't know what I mean. A quiet place for a beer it is not. A show? You bet. Next to Mango is Hussongs, the alleged birthplace of the margarita. That is a traditional bar and fair prices. If you want a taxi, bargain for the price, get in and hold on. Don't forget your ship ID to get back into the port.

I will be in Ensenada next week and was wanting to go to Mango Mango and/or Papa's and Beer. Does anyone know if I can walk there from the pier or do I need a taxi? Does the ship offer any type of shuttle to town? And since I am asking, does anyone have their preference as to where to go or have other suggestions. I am looking for a fun place to spend a few hours drinking a few cold beers and maybe a lunch. Thanks all in advance.

Debbie

Very easy walk from the pier. Walk towards town, turn left at the bridge, walk a few blocks to the "Big Heads" (sculptures in a plaza), Turn left to the fish market, or, veer right a couple of blocks to P&B and Mango Mango. Gotta see Hussong's Cantina, about 3 doors down from Mango Mango. For cold beers and lunch, I suggest Los Amigos. Go 1 block behind Papas&Beer, then 1 block left. Much cheaper, less crowded, and you can dance on the bar. Any of the English speaking people on the street will give you directions. TAKE A TAXI back to the ship, about $2/ person. Gonna be there in 13 days!!!!

Archived