just back from Carnival Spirit 12 day ensenada to Hawaii

mcgovernsandra

had a blast! Any questions on ports of call please don't hesitate to ask. Here is a link to our pics:

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3804792007/a=47481881_47481881/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! We are going on the Honolulu to Ensenada trip this September. I was wondering how the ship handled the time difference while crossing the Pacific. Did you adjust your time going over or just switch over when you arrived on the Islands? Thanks in advance.

Dawn

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! We are going on the Honolulu to Ensenada trip this September. I was wondering how the ship handled the time difference while crossing the Pacific. Did you adjust your time going over or just switch over when you arrived on the Islands? Thanks in advance.

Dawn

We switched a few times (one hour each time) during the days at sea. There were a few clocks on the ship though that never coincided so it was quite confusing at times!

mcgovernsandra - Great photos!! Did you enjoy Cheeseburger in Paradise? Were the cheeseburgers unique or any different from mainland cheeseburgers?

they were good. Very large. All the burgers come with thousand island dressing which I am not a big fan of. I asked for no lettuce, tomato, or dressing, and it arrived perfect! I had a mushroom and swiss burger. My husband had bacon and blue cheese burger. Everything a la carte, so needed to order fries on the side. Quite tasty though. They were like thick, seasoned steak fries. Great beers on tap also.

they were good. Very large. All the burgers come with thousand island dressing which I am not a big fan of. I asked for no lettuce, tomato, or dressing, and it arrived perfect! I had a mushroom and swiss burger. My husband had bacon and blue cheese burger. Everything a la carte, so needed to order fries on the side. Quite tasty though. They were like thick, seasoned steak fries. Great beers on tap also.

Thanks for letting me know!! It sounds delicious!

I don't know if you saw my question about Hilo in another topic. We're also interested in doing VNP, Rainbow Falls, and Punalu'u and it's great to hear that you did them all in one day. What time did you get off the ship in Hilo to start your day? Is Crater Rim Dr. still closed past the Jagger Museum?

Thanks again!

Thanks for letting me know!! It sounds delicious!

I don't know if you saw my question about Hilo in another topic. We're also interested in doing VNP, Rainbow Falls, and Punalu'u and it's great to hear that you did them all in one day. What time did you get off the ship in Hilo to start your day? Is Crater Rim Dr. still closed past the Jagger Museum?

Thanks again!

I have started to post a review on the Carnival thread if you are interested. But in response to your question, yes, the road is closed. We were off probably by 8:15 or 8:30 the latest and had our rental car and were on the road to VNP by 9 or so. Traffic is really at a minimum in Hilo. Nothing like Waikiki!! It is a very slllloooowwww town to say the least. We enjoyed the sightseeing and were glad we got to visit Hilo, but enjoyed the other side of the island (Kona) much better.

Archived