To "formal" or to not ... that is the question.

scdreamer

I think that the question the OP posed was not what was appropriate to wear or what the official Celebrity website stated on the subject of formal night wear but whether formal nights were special and not to be missed.

Thank you, that is correct. We know what the formal attire is, just wondering if we will decide not to pack that heavily and whether it's a big loss of we skip the formal nights. :)

For some reason people do tend to stray off subject. This is especially true if the posts can somehow be turned toward "appropriate dress". It seems to generate a lot of emotional responses and once it takes root within a thread, it takes on a life of its own...LOL

In any case, and as I stated in my first response (#3 in this thread) to your question, in my opinion formal nights are really not that special unless dressing up is for you a very unique and seldom enjoyed experience.

dkjretired: "Here is Celebrity's main page on dress codes, please note in the area under "Before Six" and you will see the jeans prohibition for MDR which was the question.

Please note: I am only answering the question, not expressing an opinion"

I think that the question the OP posed was not what was appropriate to wear or what the official Celebrity website stated on the subject of formal night wear but whether formal nights were special and not to be missed.

Not answering the OPs question, never said I was....

That's exactly my point.

Sorry, don't get the point, thats not the way the boards work. Never has been since their inception in 1995. Everyone strays off topic as long as they are somewhat related as this is...If you have a problem why not complain to the person who asked the question, not the person who answered it....

Sorry, don't get the point, thats not the way the boards work. Never has been since their inception in 1995. Everyone strays off topic as long as they are somewhat related as this is...If you have a problem why not complain to the person who asked the question, not the person who answered it....

I think that when someone asks a question it is usually a good idea to answer that question. What would be the point of asking the question if everyone decides that as long as the answer is remotely related to the question then it's appropriate. It's like saying that when someone asks about what to wear to a cocktail party everyone decides to give advice about the best snacks to serve with cocktails. Yes, they are related (all about the party) but not really the answers the person is seeking.

And just because "everyone does it" doesn't mean that it's good.

No, I don't see it as a big problem, just trying to point out that we should try to stay on the original subject.

Please read my post (#27). It shows that I simply think it's funny how threads work. I didn't mean to single you out but when I read your response about answering the question rather than stating an opinion, it made me realize that somewhere along the thread the subject had evolved :)

I think that when someone asks a question it is usually a good idea to answer that question. What would be the point of asking the question if everyone decides that as long as the answer is remotely related to the question then it's appropriate. It's like saying that when someone asks about what to wear to a cocktail party everyone decides to give advice about the best snacks to serve with cocktails. Yes, they are related (all about the party) but not really the answers the person is seeking.

No, I don't see it as a big problem, just trying to point out that we should try to stay on the original subject.

Please read my post (#27). It shows that I simply think it's funny how threads work. I didn't mean to single you out but when I read your response about answering the question rather than stating an opinion, it made me realize that somewhere along the thread the subject had evolved :)

Fair enough....

It is just human nature to stray from the orignal conversation. It's normal behavior. Kind of like, Oh never mind. I'll keep quiet.

Archived