Caribbean Cruise Lines

Maerina

Bahamas Celebration to Grand Bahama Island! Telephone Telemarketing,"You've WON a free cruise from the website you entered in a sweepstakes....." Blah,Blah,Blah...

http://www.grandcaribbeancl.com/ website to register once you've "won"

SCAM!!! TIME SHARE!!!DON'T DO IT!! TIME SHARE SCHEME!! MANY HIDDEN COSTS!Whenever you encounter pushy rude sales people--the hard sell game where they keep passing you to other hard sell managers,they REFUSED to give me a refund for down payment even though I called within 30 days for refund as I was told I could do by sales rep.When I did call they make it do diff. to CANCEL by PASSING you around,putting you on HOLD,having excuse for every reason you would want to cancel...all being read off a script and for commissions.ANY COMPANY THAT TALKS SO RUDELY TO IT'S CUSTOMERS WILL SOON BE OUT OF BUSINESS,just a matter of time! I was told after talking with Donna,Jackie,Katrina,Lashaundra,Katrina again,and finally Pam.Spent much wasted time to no avail trying to get refund,was told there was no way I was getting a refund,even my lawyer if I got one couldn't do anything about it..What a real nice Company. The only tel. # available is the same customer service sales# 1-800-221-8200. The original sales # I was contacted on my home phone was 1-800-619-0592 which they said I had "WON" a sweepstakes which I had entered on the website for a free cruise all I had to pay was port charges. After reading up on net,it is a gimmickyes the cruise itself is free but trip to Orlando or Ft.Lauderdale is not free,alot of driving around and sitting 5 hours thru a time share presentation. Besides these things,all the "hidden" fees add up,gas chares for ship are extra and alot of other extra charges they forget to mention. For all the money it adds up you might as well ride on a nice cruise ship and not an old tug boat and skip all the hassel and intimidation and rude customer service reps.

RED FLAGS: pushy,need credit card number right away or the deal is off,no contact info given on website,no compasy address found under internet search..BOGUS!! BUYER BEWARE,NOTHING IS FREE..If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Lots of unhappy folks :

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/caribbean-cruise-lines-c224861.html

I was just about to post and see if anyone has heard of this. I read the fine print and figured it was to sell time shares, but I recently met someone who was going on this cruise and said she was just going to say no to everything. How much money did you end up having to pay with hidden costs and fees? So the boat was a piece of crap? It's a shame that Carmen Electra would endorse a scam like this. Thanks for warning everyone!

I didn't go yet,just got suckered into the down payment which they don't want to refund. I have 18 mo to go,but don't want to bother with the headaches after reading the reviews from this site and complaint boards from net..Caribbean Cruise Lines in merely a P.O. Box address and customer service is nothing but sales people.The cruise is cheap,but where they make money is on the Vacation packages and time share which no one bothered to mention at the time of sign up.

About Celebration Cruise Line

The newest player in the bustling South Florida cruise market, Celebration Cruise Line offers two- and three-night budget cruises to the Bahamas aboard its recently converted ferry, Bahamas Celebration. The line began sailing out of its Port Everglades home port in mid-March 2009.

Celebration Cruise Line is filling the void left by Imperial Majesty Cruise Line, a similarly budget-minded offering that ceased operations in March 2009. In fact, Celebration's parent company is Ft. Lauderdale-based Celebration Cruise Holdings, which previously owned Regal Empress and chartered it out to Imperial Majesty Cruise Line. Two main executives from INCL, President Martin Salzedo and Chief Financial Officer Edward Levitan, came over to start Celebration Cruise Line, but Salzedo has since left his post, according to industry trade publications.

In addition, a good number of crew members who worked on Imperial Majesty's Regal Empress were retained to work on Bahamas Celebration.

While the short Bahamas itineraries and emphasis on low, low prices are still there, Bahamas Celebration itself is quite a departure from the classic style of Regal Empress -- a 1953 ocean liner that left ship buffs drooling. Instead, you'll find a more mainstream offering, featuring multiple bars and lounges, kids' clubs and even a water slide.

Celebration is aimed squarely at first-time cruisers looking for a way to try out a cruise, as well as drive-to-port South Floridians who are seeking quick getaways. Rates are as low as $100 per person, per cruise.

About Celebration Cruise Line

The newest player in the bustling South Florida cruise market, Celebration Cruise Line offers two- and three-night budget cruises to the Bahamas aboard its recently converted ferry, Bahamas Celebration. The line began sailing out of its Port Everglades home port in mid-March 2009.

Celebration Cruise Line is filling the void left by Imperial Majesty Cruise Line, a similarly budget-minded offering that ceased operations in March 2009. In fact, Celebration's parent company is Ft. Lauderdale-based Celebration Cruise Holdings, which previously owned Regal Empress and chartered it out to Imperial Majesty Cruise Line. Two main executives from INCL, President Martin Salzedo and Chief Financial Officer Edward Levitan, came over to start Celebration Cruise Line, but Salzedo has since left his post, according to industry trade publications.

In addition, a good number of crewmembers who worked on Imperial Majesty's Regal Empress were retained to work on Bahamas Celebration.

While the short Bahamas itineraries and emphasis on low, low prices are still there, Bahamas Celebration itself is quite a departure from the classic style of Regal Empress -- a 1953 ocean liner that left ship buffs drooling. Instead, you'll find a more mainstream offering, featuring multiple bars and lounges, kids' clubs and even a waterslide.

Celebration is aimed squarely at first-time cruisers looking for a way to try out a cruise, as well as drive-to-port South Floridians who are seeking quick getaways. Rates are as low as $100 per person, per cruise.Some of these reviews are ok but many were not.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=553

My friend is going on one in June.. if I had known her a year before when she booked it I would have talked her out of it. Now that the dateis getting close she is finding out the hidden fees. She was promised a gas card and discount tickets to Universal Studios.. now they are saying just one. She said they had to pay a higher price to get access to all of the ships decks..this sounds very fishy to me. On the bright side.. we are planning a "real" cruise in December incase this one completely sucks for her and then her fiance can go as well.

Any advice to tell her before she leaves?

Be sure to tell her to read the terms and conditions of the contract in fine print is some important stuff,for ex: if you don't attend the time share which is a requirement for the vacation package not the cruise,they can charge you credit card alot of money. I would tell her to destroy the cc they have ob file and get a new one and don't give them the new #.

Me...I'm still trying to get my refund but they are ignoring me by letter and very nasty on the phone,,why should they be nice now,they already got my money.They are only nice when they are "trying to get your money",after that,you might as well just "BEND OVER" lol

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

This vacation package is guaranteed for 18-months at original purchase price. Traveler is entitled to purchase as many vacation packages as desired, however, one vacation package cannot be combined with another vacation package. The vacation packages cannot be used consecutively thus a waiting period of two months between traveling on the second travel package must be imposed. Your vacation does not include the following: Transportation, Hotel Taxes, and Service Charges, Florida sales tax and/or Gratuities. Bahamas Celebration reserves the right to charge an additional fuel supplement of up to $9.00 per person per day on all passengers, to be collected at time of embarkation without prior notice, in the event that the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) is greater than $40.00 per barrel of oil. This is a very popular program and space is subject to availability (Christmas and New Years excluded). Therefore, we require you to send your reservation forms at least 60 days prior to the start of your vacation. Space is extremely limited during other peak holiday and seasonal times. Therefore, fulfillment reserves the right to substitute hotels or cruise of equal or greater value when deemed necessary. Please note the port of call and arrival/departure times are subject to change without prior notice. The sale of this discounted vacation package is for the purpose of introducing the benefits of vacation ownership. Attendance at a presentation on the benefits of vacation ownership is required part of a morning or afternoon while on vacation. If you do not fulfill this obligation, you will not receive the discounted offer.

Cancellation of reservations: if a reconfirmed reservation to travel is canceled, a fee will be imposed as follows and debited from funds paid and held for travel; any balance of funds paid is non-refundable and will be held as a non-refundable deposit towards any future travel request:

1.) Cancellation made on any confirmed reservation up to forty-five (45) days prior to arrival = $25 per person

2.) Cancellation made fort-five (45) to thirty (30) days prior to arrival = $50 per person

3.) Cancellation made twenty-nine (29) to seven (7) days prior to arrival = $100 per person

4.) Cancellation made seven (7) days or less prior to arrival = forfeiture of all funds paid

5.) If you do not arrive on your confirmed date, forfeiture of all funds paid

6.) Additional cancellation penalties may apply for certain upgrades

Caribbean Cruise Line pays for all hotel accommodations and cruise ship expenses included in package in advance and must forfeit deposits in the event of a cancellation as listed above.

Click here for California Terms & Conditions.

Click here for Illinois Terms & Conditions.

<LI class=ecxstyle1><LI class=ecxstyle1>FAQ'S<LI class=ecxstyle1><LI class=ecxstyle1>How long do I have to take the vacation? Eighteen (18) months . We request that you send your reservation forms 60 days before your scheduled travel date and we do the rest. <LI class=ecxstyle1>How many people does my vacation accommodate? Your vacation accommodates up to 4 people in the same room, however, you can purchase additional rooms and cabins at a highly discounted rate. <LI class=ecxstyle1>What are the costs for additional passengers on the 2 night cruise? Your 3rd and 4th traveler in the same cabin is $99.00 age 12 and under and $129 ages 13 and over. <LI class=ecxstyle1>How much are the Gratuities on board the ship? Gratuities on the 2 night cruise are $20.00 per person. <LI class=ecxstyle1>Where does the ship depart from? The ship departs from Port of Palm Beach in West Palm Beach. <LI class=ecxstyle1>What is the itinerary for the Bahamas Celebration 2 night cruise? On the 2 night cruise the ship will depart on Mondays and Wednesdays from Port of Palm Beach at approximately 5pm. Boarding begins at 1pm. The ship will arrive in Grand Bahama Island the following morning at approximately 8am, and depart Grand Bahama Island the same day at 6pm. You will arrive back in South Florida at approximately 8am the following morning. <LI class=ecxstyle1>What is the itinerary for the Bahamas Our Lucaya "Stay and Play" reservations? The cruise ship will depart from Port of Palm Beach at approximately 5pm. Boarding begins at 1pm. The ship will arrive in Grand Bahama Island the following morning at approximately 8am. You will then check in at Our Lucaya Reef Village for 2, 4, or 6 nights hotel stay (depending on your reservation) and on you hotel check out day return to the Port and bOard our ship for your voyage back to South Florida at approximately 8am the following morning. <LI class=ecxstyle1>How much is it to park at the Port of Palm Beach? The cost to park at Port of Palm Beach is $15.00 a day. <LI class=ecxstyle1>What is the best time of year to travel? Florida and the Bahamas typically feature temperatures in the 70’s and 80’s year around. So any time is a good time to travel here. <LI class=ecxstyle1>May I make my reservations online? Yes. Simply login and select the "Confirm My Travel Dates Now" button on the How To Book page. <LI class=ecxstyle1>Can I change my travel date? Yes. Travel dates can be changed by contacting the Customer Care Department toll free at 1-800-221-8200. <LI class=ecxstyle1>What is the travel time between Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando Florida? You can drive from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando in approximately 3 hours, depending on traffic and weather conditions. <LI class=ecxstyle1>Where will I be staying in Orlando? You will be staying at hotels such Ramada or Sheraton. <LI class=ecxstyle1>Is airfare included in the vacation? No. Your transportation to and from Florida and all other bonus destinations in your vacation package is your responsibility. <LI class=ecxstyle1>How long is the cruise to the Bahamas? You will spend 2 nights aboard our beautiful cruise ship, the Bahamas Celebration. <LI class=ecxstyle1>Are meals included? Yes. Your meals are included on the cruise. Meals on land may be your responsibility depending on your reservation itinerary. You can check what is included in your reservation itinerary on the Home page. <LI class=ecxstyle1>What are the accommodations on the cruise ship? Accommodations on the cruise ship are cozy staterooms featuring a private bath and two (2) single beds, one (1) double bed or two (2) singles with two (2) upper single beds. Your stateroom will have sleeping facilities for two, however some staterooms are available for up to four people. <LI class=ecxstyle1>How much will it cost to upgrade from an inside stateroom to an outside stateroom? The cost to upgrade to an outside stateroom is $99.00. <LI class=ecxstyle1>What kind of identification do I need to enter the Bahamas? United States Citizens who debark the ship for an extended hotel stay in the Bahamas and return at a later date will be required to have valid passports.</B>Children 15 and under will be required to bring proof of citizenship, but may not require a passport. Because it could take as long as two months to receive your passport we urge you to acquire your passport immediately so as not to incur any additional unnecessary expense. There are several ways of getting your passport. You can go go to your local Post Office or your local Government Agency to fill out the paper work.

** For United States Citizens who cruise to the Bahamas and return on the same cruise passports are not required. Canadian citizens are required to have a passport for air, land and sea travel, including our cruises. For more information, a complete list of WHTI-compliant documents or to obtain a passport application, visit www.travel.state.gov.

. <LI class=ecxstyle1>May I use traveler’s checks on board the cruise ship? Yes. Traveler’s checks may be used onboard at the purser’s desk. Using your credit card is the easiest way to open your Sign-and-Sail account prior to boarding the cruise ship. <LI class=ecxstyle1>Where will I be staying on the Las Vegas Bonus Getaway? Hotel accommodations are based on availability at the time of travel. Hotels such as the Golden Nugget and the Excalibur Hotel are just a couple of the hotels where you may stay. These hotels are located on or near the Las Vegas strip. If these hotels are not available, you will be booked at another hotel of equal or greater quality. <LI class=ecxstyle1>When and where do I take the vacation ownership tour? Your vacation ownership tour will be on the second day of your vacation, and will take part of a morning or afternoon at an off-site resort in either Ft. Lauderdale or Orlando, depending on where your vacation starts. Please keep in mind that there are many different packages, and resort tours will vary by package. Please refer back to your specific Reservation Book. Information on the vacation ownership resort tour will be included in your itinerary. <LI class=ecxstyle1>What do your travelers have to say about their vacations? We help thousands of people just like you have the times of their lives on vacations booked through us. Go to our Testimonials pages to read what others have said about their experiences with our vacation packages! <LI class=ecxstyle1>How do I transfer my vacation, and what are the terms and conditions? You can transfer your vacation package to a friend or family member. Simply download and print the Transfer Form, and mail it to us. Click here to view your state-specific terms and conditions information.

• 3 months later...

Dont do it. My wife and I went last year and it is terrible. You will have to go to a time share presentation where they are extremely rude and pushy. There are a ton of fees. I think it ended up costing about $400. The food was awful and the ship seemed like it would fall apart at any given second. We are going on Carnival in May and cant wait to see how much fun a real cruise can be

• 1 year later...

In mid-October 2011, I was called SEVERAL times by the same number without answering but I finally answered. It was a recorded survey message about a chance to win a free cruise if I answered a few questions. I was just curious to see what questions they would be and none of them were person, so I decided to answer them. I'm usually not one to fall for these scams or believe in something that's "too good to be true" but the questions were ones like "are you male or female" "have a you taken a vacation outside of the usa before" etc...I decide to answer them thinking "what the heck...won't hurt to at least hear about the "free" cruise. after taking the survey they said they would reward me with my free cruise within a couple weeks. They called back the next week but I decided to ignore them. They continuously called day after day...leaving an automated voicemail every time. Finally I called back on November 3, 2011 around 7:30pm saying "fine, tell me about this so called free cruise" After listening to their long 20 min scripted speeches about the free Caribbean Cruise Vacation Package I decided this was probably a waste of my time and that we can NOT afford this cruise right now as my fiance and I are getting married in a couple months and have just bought a house together. They became very rude and pushy on the phone and decided to not take no as an answer. I felt very pressured, uncomfortable, and harassed over the phone! =( They spoke very quickly giving me many reasons why I shouldn't miss out on this opportunity. I then told them I would like to at least wait for my fiance to get home from work so that I could discuss this matter with him first and then make a decision. (but really I just wanted to get them off the phone and make them think I would call back) They responded by saying this was a one time deal and I'll only get the promotion if I made the purchase at that moment. I asked many questions about the vacation package over the phone and everything seemed legit even though I still didn't trust these people since I've never heard of this company in my life. After many tries of reasoning with this sales person, I just gave in. I figured it was just $129 (port fees etc) and I could just cancel it if my fiance and I decide right away we can't do it. So I gave my credit card info. What a huge mistake...they led me into other fees and a bigger vacation package totaling $598 charged to my visa credit card going to hotels that I was told were great but after looking them up online I found out they were probably wrong. My fiance came home and I told him the whole story. We both agreed that I should call back and cancel. I called back right away and asked to cancel and the guy, Vinny, who sold me the package over the phone said that my credit card info already went through and that I would have to wait a full 14 days in order to cancel. He said to call him back after 14 days and request him to cancel. I've been calling them non stop ever since that 14 day mark and they continue to be rude and decline my request. They say their only option for me is to either refund only partial amounts of my payment or I'm allowed to transfer my vacation package to a family or friend. It is now November 22, 2011 and I'm still trying to cancel my package which I will NOT give up on especially before the 30 day mark. I've spoke with people such as Monique, Shantel, Sirius, David, Vinny, Dan, and a few others. I've never dealt with such a rude, careless, evil business (if that's what you want to call them) in my entire life! I like to consider myself a very easy going and friendly person, but after dealing with these people, my goal is to never stop spreading the word to EVERYONE I know and meet about what a horrible business this company truly is. I hope no one has to go through with what I'm going through now. =*( :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
In mid-October 2011, I was called SEVERAL times by the same number without answering but I finally answered. It was a recorded survey message about a chance to win a free cruise if I answered a few questions. I was just curious to see what questions they would be and none of them were person, so I decided to answer them. I'm usually not one to fall for these scams or believe in something that's "too good to be true" but the questions were ones like "are you male or female" "have a you taken a vacation outside of the usa before" etc...I decide to answer them thinking "what the heck...won't hurt to at least hear about the "free" cruise. after taking the survey they said they would reward me with my free cruise within a couple weeks. They called back the next week but I decided to ignore them. They continuously called day after day...leaving an automated voicemail every time. Finally I called back on November 3, 2011 around 7:30pm saying "fine, tell me about this so called free cruise" After listening to their long 20 min scripted speeches about the free Caribbean Cruise Vacation Package I decided this was probably a waste of my time and that we can NOT afford this cruise right now as my fiance and I are getting married in a couple months and have just bought a house together. They became very rude and pushy on the phone and decided to not take no as an answer. I felt very pressured, uncomfortable, and harassed over the phone! =( They spoke very quickly giving me many reasons why I shouldn't miss out on this opportunity. I then told them I would like to at least wait for my fiance to get home from work so that I could discuss this matter with him first and then make a decision. (but really I just wanted to get them off the phone and make them think I would call back) They responded by saying this was a one time deal and I'll only get the promotion if I made the purchase at that moment. I asked many questions about the vacation package over the phone and everything seemed legit even though I still didn't trust these people since I've never heard of this company in my life. After many tries of reasoning with this sales person, I just gave in. I figured it was just $129 (port fees etc) and I could just cancel it if my fiance and I decide right away we can't do it. So I gave my credit card info. What a huge mistake...they led me into other fees and a bigger vacation package totaling $598 charged to my visa credit card going to hotels that I was told were great but after looking them up online I found out they were probably wrong. My fiance came home and I told him the whole story. We both agreed that I should call back and cancel. I called back right away and asked to cancel and the guy, Vinny, who sold me the package over the phone said that my credit card info already went through and that I would have to wait a full 14 days in order to cancel. He said to call him back after 14 days and request him to cancel. I've been calling them non stop ever since that 14 day mark and they continue to be rude and decline my request. They say their only option for me is to either refund only partial amounts of my payment or I'm allowed to transfer my vacation package to a family or friend. It is now November 22, 2011 and I'm still trying to cancel my package which I will NOT give up on especially before the 30 day mark. I've spoke with people such as Monique, Shantel, Sirius, David, Vinny, Dan, and a few others. I've never dealt with such a rude, careless, evil business (if that's what you want to call them) in my entire life! I like to consider myself a very easy going and friendly person, but after dealing with these people, my goal is to never stop spreading the word to EVERYONE I know and meet about what a horrible business this company truly is. I hope no one has to go through with what I'm going through now. =*( :mad:

GENERAL THOUGHTS FOR PEOPLE IN THIS SITUATION:

You don't need to get the telemarketer to agree to anything. All you have to do to end a phone call with a telemarketer is to HANG UP THE PHONE.

Don't worry about manners. JUST HANG UP THE TELEPHONE.

Get your credit card company involved. Call them. Tell them what happened and ask them for their help.

• 3 weeks later...

My son and I went on this cruise with the basic deal you get as an initial offer, and for us it was a good value. I enjoyed my time, and thought the Bahamas Celebration was a nice budget option for getting to Grand Bahama Island for a day of snorkeling and playing in the sea.

The marketing company that has someone talk to you will try to sell you add-ons and upgrades. I didn't get any of those. I was clear and firm that I didn't have the time or interest for any of that, and once the marketing staff person understood that I was serious, things moved along pleasantly enough. The two major issues I have with the process are: 1) I had to go down to Ft. Lauderdale to exchange one set of vouchers for another before the cruise, and 2) it's not a "free" cruise, as there are fees and so forth.

Here were the costs I had to pay with my son for our cruise:

1) Hassle and time and gas for going to the "welcome center" in Ft. Lauderdale.

2) $30 for valet parking

3) $118 for port fees.

4) $48 for gratuities (automatic)

5) $5 for gratuities I gave as extras to staff

6) $36 for fuel surcharges

7) $19.83 for extra snacks and drinks

8) $30 for a set of photographs (good ones) taken by ship photographer

And in the Bahamas:

1) $70 for car rental from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. from Celebrity Car Rental

2) $25 cash fee extorted from us by Erica at Celebrity Car Rental for "dampness" on seats of the car when we returned it.

3) $6 admission to Lucayan National Park

4) $12 gas for rental car

5) $12 for facilities use and lunch and one rental float belt from Paradise Cove.

So, the total cost for the two of us was about $415. That kept us well-fed, entertained, and happy during the cruise and our eight hours on Grand Bahama Island. I was happy with the experience, and wouldn't call it a "scam" aside from the misleading or false advertising about this being a "free" cruise or the claim that I "won" this cruise.

Archived