Spirit deck 11 cabin noise?

hillbilly73

Sorry I know this subject has had to come up before. This will be only our second cruise first was on the Emerald Princess we really enjoyed the balcony cabin we had on Rivera deck toward the rear of the ship. It was similar to the Spirit deck 11 BC cabins. I noticed someone on You Tube was really upset about the noise in these cabins. I can sleep through a tornado and the wife wears ear plugs. So if it is only occasional rustling chair we are good to go but if more it might be a problem. Thanks in advance for any responses

DW and I were on Deck 11, mid-ship, this past January and there was certainly noise from above. It wasn't a deal breaker as my wife sleeps like the dead and I wear earplugs because the dead snores badly. If I were to book the Spirit again, I'd go down a deck or two if it was available. If a cabin wasn't available anywhere but deck 11, I'd take it. Not a lot of help!

We once had a balcony room below the pool/activity deck (that was the Lido deck on Princess). :eek: Never again. We were on a B2B from Valparaiso to Acapulco to San Francisco. 300+ kids (I'd guess most 8-16 yrs old) boarded in Acapulco and were almost completely unsupervised by their parents. We heard stampedes, dragging of deck chairs and tables, doors slamming, dropped plates and utensils, etc. all night, right over our heads.

Prior to that, we did have some overhead noise, but mostly not after bedtime. Crew stacking the deck chairs can wake you from a pre-dinner nap, though.

So we now make sure not to book right under that deck on any ship. It doesn't stop the running races and kids enthusiasm in the hallway outside your door, but at least it doesn't make you feel like they'll be coming through the ceiling on top of you any second.

Steve

Hi Al,

We had the same concern and usually book 2 decks below the pool, buffet dining room, etc. On the Spirit we choose a cabin that is below the card room and a little more forward than we usually select. I hope the ceiling/deck noise will be minimal and not awaken my husband. I hope his snoring won't annoy/evacuate the surrounding cabins and decks. I could sleep through a military parade, most natural disasters and my husbands snoring so cabin choice is clearly a concern to make him most comfortable.

You may want to check out what's above your cabin and see if it's a high traffic area. I usually like a few decks below or above pool, bar or dining areas so I get some exercise using the stairs.

I hope this is helpful.

Our cruise on Spirit is not until March 2011, but we are booked in cabin 11118. After reading the reviews here I am really afraid we will have overhead noise issues. We were on the Spirit in 3/09 in room 9191 and had no noise problems. Maybe we should move our rooms back down there???

DW and I were on Deck 11, mid-ship, this past January and there was certainly noise from above. It wasn't a deal breaker as my wife sleeps like the dead and I wear earplugs because the dead snores badly. If I were to book the Spirit again, I'd go down a deck or two if it was available. If a cabin wasn't available anywhere but deck 11, I'd take it. Not a lot of help!

Your comment made me laugh out loud. :)

I called today and moved down to deck 10 midship. Took less than 10 minutes we are booked through an internet travel agency and they had to call NCL. I was impressed with both companies customer service since it had to be done through the go between. Thanks for the replies they definitely helped.

Archived