Princess Grill Cabins

Highseaslife

Hi folks

First timers with Cunard and about to book westbound transatlantic for our wedding anniversary in 2011, probably May or June crossing.

Can anyone offer advice as to which cabin category we should choose? What is the difference between P1 P2 and P3 apart from price!

We usually opt for Royal Suite on Celebrity - does this compare favourably with PG on QM2? We are not real foodies so choice of cabin/balcony with unrestricted view and good service are more of a priority for us as well as formal nights which we adore.

Any suggestions very much appreciated

Hi folks

First timers with Cunard and about to book westbound transatlantic for our wedding anniversary in 2011, probably May or June crossing.

Can anyone offer advice as to which cabin category we should choose? What is the difference between P1 P2 and P3 apart from price!

We usually opt for Royal Suite on Celebrity - does this compare favourably with PG on QM2? We are not real foodies so choice of cabin/balcony with unrestricted view and good service are more of a priority for us as well as formal nights which we adore.

Any suggestions very much appreciated

Hi Highseaslife, We have booked PG, deck 10. We had P3 and have been upgraded to P2. All PG cabins are the same size, it is just the position on the deck that dictates the price. P1 midships, P2 forward and aft, we are aft. P3 is forward.

Been getting lots of advice from this board, checkout my thread entitled princess grill QM2. It is at the top of 2nd page.

Catherine

The Q4 suites are closer to Celebrity Royal Suites than any of the P's.

Q4's are around the same 500-600 sqft size and include Butler service. The P's you are looking at, will be smaller than you are used to and do not include a butler.

Highsealife,

You will love the PG Restaurant & dining experience. I usually travel in QG Restaurant but last november I tried a crossing & Caribbean cruise for nearly 3 weeks in a P1 suite - yes the P grade suites are not as spacious as the Q5 suites but are very comfortable & reasonable wardrobe space & closet too. Bathroom quite spacious & suite big enough to host pre-dinner cocktail party - I had a party for 9 people one night and there was plenty of room.

The PG Restaurant offers first class service and excellent choice of food - yes the choice is even greater in QG Restaurant & service has the edge there but I would have no qualms booking P grade again. You also have access to the concierge lounge where tea, coffee, sandwiches & pastries are available throughout the day & if the excellent Girlie is on board nothing is too much trouble! I did not use the Grills terrace much save for the hot tub which is very nice on a crossing in all weathers!! I also love the QG Lounge bar - it is very busy on an evening albeit quieter during the day time but busier on a crossing!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hi

Thanks very much for your advice, most welcome. Think we will opt for a P2 cabin and push our luck for upgrade to P1 midships I think this is.

Really looking forward to the QM experience which after reading some of the threads here, seems to be one of the best.

Highsealife,

one other very good piece of advice, it's always worthwhile booking a suite on a guarantee basis especially for a P grade suite where you have a good chance of going to Q grade! It does not always happen but I've been very fortunate in this regard on both QM2 & QE2 - that being said the QG Restaurant is so good on many voyages I always book this grade first - all depends on trip & offers.

Regards,

RJMS74

• 3 weeks later...
The Q4 suites are closer to Celebrity Royal Suites than any of the P's.

Q4's are around the same 500-600 sqft size and include Butler service. The P's you are looking at, will be smaller than you are used to and do not include a butler.

Actually the Q4(QM2)are about 750sq. ft.

I think you'll find all P grade cabins rather small compared to Royal Suite on Celebrity and I think you'll find the food in the Grill fairly mediocre in comparison too.

Did the Eastbound journey a couple of years ago and got upgrade from P2 to P1. Lots of wardrobe space.

I think you'll find all P grade cabins rather small compared to Royal Suite on Celebrity and I think you'll find the food in the Grill fairly mediocre in comparison too.

Did the Eastbound journey a couple of years ago and got upgrade from P2 to P1. Lots of wardrobe space.

You should note that the only difference between a P1 and P2 is the location on the ship - the P2's being more forward or aft whereas P1's are more central. So no difference in the two except for location.

I found the food and service in the Princess Grill absolutely fab and would highly recommend to anyone - and the waiters were first class - when they knew what we liked they made sure we had plenty of it (in my case, shrimp or any kind of seafood come to that). I'm not sure how the QG can beat it but I'm looking forward to finding out. Enjoy, it will be a first class experience whichever suite you decide to book.

Archived