Help with Non-Inclusive Beach

1027rm

I've read about Paradise Beach and it seems very popular. Does that make it extremely crowded? Is there any other non-inclusive beaches, maybe with water toys, in Cozumel? I thought about Chankanaab but I read the sand doesn't go down to the water like a typical beach and would prefer it to for the kids. Will only have a couple of hours to spend. Thanks so much for any advice you may have. :)

Paradise Beach is popular but it has so many chairs and such that it doesn't feel crowded. How old are the children? The toys are in about 15-20 feet of water. Chakanaab does have a lagoon type area with sand where small children can play.

Chankanaab isn't a good place if you want a nice sandy beach for children to play. They have a little sandy beach that doesn't look too appealing to me.

I enjoyed snorkeling there but that is pretty much. Not going there again.

As a general rule, rocky beachs (like Chankanaab) attract more fish and are better for snorkeling - sandy beaches (Paradise) attract less fish and are less popular for snorkeling.

A good combination is a sandy beach with an offshore reef that you can swim or take a small boat/kayak to.

I keep posting about Mr. Sanchos today. I am beginning to sound like a commercial for them! But, it really is a very kid friendly beach. We have taken our kids there since they were little. There is no fee to get in, it is not crowded with too many cruise passengers because the ships don't offer shore excursions there. The beach is a soft white sand beach and the waves are relatively calm. It is a very safe beach for kids and they often will have activities for the kids such as pinata breaking. There is a nice restaurant for a full menu including kids meals, a small pool, clean restrooms, horseback riding (for additional fee). You can catch a taxi right at the end of the pier. It is a short , inexpensive taxi ride and they will drop you off right at the front entrance. The entrance has a beautiful tropical birds that the kids will love and a small straw market. When you are done for the day, you will find taxis waiting right outside the entrance ready to drop you off back at the pier. We went to Chankanaab beach once and did not feel like it was worth the money because as the previous poster stated it is more of a rocky beach. We did the dolphin encounter there though and that was awesome. I hope you have a wonderful time. I don't know if this is going to be your kids first cruise but I have to say that cruising with the kids is so much fun. This will be our 11 year old's 11th cruise! It such a great vacation for families.

• 2 weeks later...
I keep posting about Mr. Sanchos today. I am beginning to sound like a commercial for them! But, it really is a very kid friendly beach. We have taken our kids there since they were little. There is no fee to get in, it is not crowded with too many cruise passengers because the ships don't offer shore excursions there. The beach is a soft white sand beach and the waves are relatively calm. It is a very safe beach for kids and they often will have activities for the kids such as pinata breaking. There is a nice restaurant for a full menu including kids meals, a small pool, clean restrooms, horseback riding (for additional fee). You can catch a taxi right at the end of the pier. It is a short , inexpensive taxi ride and they will drop you off right at the front entrance. The entrance has a beautiful tropical birds that the kids will love and a small straw market. When you are done for the day, you will find taxis waiting right outside the entrance ready to drop you off back at the pier. We went to Chankanaab beach once and did not feel like it was worth the money because as the previous poster stated it is more of a rocky beach. We did the dolphin encounter there though and that was awesome. I hope you have a wonderful time. I don't know if this is going to be your kids first cruise but I have to say that cruising with the kids is so much fun. This will be our 11 year old's 11th cruise! It such a great vacation for families.

Thanks for the information. You will be getting on the Valor when we get off!

So you truly believe Mr. Sanchos will be good for my 10 and 2 year old. The one time we did a popular crowded beach I used all my time trying to find my child! I want to be able to relax, look up every few minutes and see my babies. Can you rent waverunners at Mr. Sanchos? Do you think it is worth the all inclusive? Do you have any pictures? Do they have palapas or umbrellas?

Thanks for all the info you can give me!

Archived