Extending stay with Princess before cruise.

BoPippy

Yep,i did this am..Embassy suites day before cruise.thru Princess $109.00x2=$218.00 with transfers from airpport to hotel,then hotel to ship next day.The transfers were an extra $29.40 a person...total cost$277.00 for everything with Princess.

I thought the transfers were included with the hotel charge. :confused: Anyway, people rave about the embassy so enjoy. I think I will book it for Jan. too. :)

But you would have been able to save quite a bit by making the arrangements yourself and taking a taxi. So, I am a bit confused here. :confused:

I'd have to check again,but i am sure the hotel room was around the price of the Princess price with transfers.I will check tomorrow and let u know for sure.:)and i like the convenience when on holiday,for once i don't have to stress on things.

I'd have to check again,but i am sure the hotel room was around the price of the Princess price with transfers.I will check tomorrow and let u know for sure.:)and i like the convenience when on holiday,for once i don't have to stress on things.

I actually just checked those dates for Embassy (didn't realize they would be available this early). OUCH! You care correct, the prices are very high for that date next year. I would guess it is either because it is during spring break or because it is so far ahead. I know for us, the prices dropped about the 4 month mark down to a lot less. So, I agree, keep the Princess booking for the hotel, but keep checking anyway, you never know, yours may go down also.

The only thing I don't like about booking through Princess for Fort Lauderdale is the transfers usually leave long after you must check out of your hotel room. So, you are stuck hanging around the lobby for several hours waiting for the bus to take you to the pier.

It was $7 per person last March. If you times that by a family of 4, you're looking at $28! :eek: It was very disorganized too. They should've put only those going to a certain ship in the vehicles. Prior to this stay, they were using only Embassy Suites shuttle vans, but now they use a variety of vehicles.

We did the $7 pp thing from the Embassy Suites to the ship in March... I agree it was a cramped van with the luggage piled high... stopped at 4 other ships before we got to the Ruby at Pier 29... I had to get out at each stop and make sure our luggage didn't get misdirected... the driver was not that great...english was poor...didn't like the fact he had to go all the way down to pier 29.... he got in an agument with one of the traffic directors at the pier....not a good scene

in retrospect, I should have paid the $10 for the cab...faster..more convienent and cheaper...

but, we stay at the Embassy Suites every time...nice hotel...alot to walk to nearby...

Pam, what was the name of the wine if you remember?
Oh, boy... you got me. I rarely drink wine but this is one my friend loved so I bought it too. It was a dry white wine by a known brand; even I recognized it. :) I can ask my friend if you really want to know. :)

We are going on the Ruby in Jan. We booked the Ramada on our own and it has free shuttles from airport and to the pier plus a breakfast in the am. We are paying $86 each for the night.

Total Wine is a 3-minute walk from Embassy Suites. There's a shopping center behind the hotel that has a Total Wine and a supermarket. My friend and I got 3-liter boxes of white wine for $9/each before our April cruise. It was pretty good wine, too.

FYI, there's a CVS and Bank of America within a short walking distance to Embassy Suites plus a variety of restaurants.

Now I'm really glad I booked a night at Embassy Suites! Sounds like shopping at Total Wine, and taking a taxi to the ship will be on our agenda!:)

Archived