Luggage allowance

When we booked to go on the Dream we thought we were getting a luggage allowance of 7kg hand 23kg hold. We got our tickets at teh weekend and turns out we get 5kg hand and 20kg hold as we are now flying with Monarch and the upper allowance only applies if you have Thomson flight. So be aware.:(

Deleted - sorry missed the fact that it was Monarch. Had it been Thomson it would be 23Kg + 7Kg.

Hi Kruzseeker

Noticed that you edited your post. Can you tell me how you do that or am I being stupid as I've looked everywhere after I noticed you've edited before.

Jan

Hi Kruzseeker

Noticed that you edited your post. Can you tell me how you do that or am I being stupid as I've looked everywhere after I noticed you've edited before.

Jan

Hi Jan, If you go back into the post you've just submitted then in the bottom right hand corner of the box only YOU will see (but no-one else) an 'EDIT' button. Since this option only appears for you - for YOUR posts, only you can change it. This option only last for 15 minutes after you submit the post (well, I think it's 15 minutes) so you can only change your post for a limited time. Hope that works for you! :)

Deleted - sorry missed the fact that it was Monarch. Had it been Thomson it would be 23Kg + 7Kg.

I understood it was 23 kg and 5kg for hand baggage. Only 7kg on long haul or premium seats. I was told this when booking and have just found site confirming this. See www.dpsoftware.co.uk/airlines - Airline baggage allowances came up for all airlines, including Monarch.

Hi Jan, If you go back into the post you've just submitted then in the bottom right hand corner of the box only YOU will see (but no-one else) an 'EDIT' button. Since this option only appears for you - for YOUR posts, only you can change it. This option only last for 15 minutes after you submit the post (well, I think it's 15 minutes) so you can only change your post for a limited time. Hope that works for you! :)

Thanks Kruzseeker, now it makes sense (the 15 minutes bit). The times you press that Submit button and see a mistake just as it's going.:eek:. Not quite as bad as sending an insulting text to the person you're being insulting about.:eek::D:D

Jan

When we booked to go on the Dream we thought we were getting a luggage allowance of 7kg hand 23kg hold. We got our tickets at teh weekend and turns out we get 5kg hand and 20kg hold as we are now flying with Monarch and the upper allowance only applies if you have Thomson flight. So be aware.:(

:mad:

From the Monarch website

The hold baggage weight limit is normally 20kg including the 5kg hand baggage allowance. Passengers are advised to contact their tour operator to confirm hold and hand baggage allowances.

:confused:

I understood it was 23 kg and 5kg for hand baggage. Only 7kg on long haul or premium seats. I was told this when booking and have just found site confirming this. See www.dpsoftware.co.uk/airlines - Airline baggage allowances came up for all airlines, including Monarch.

I have THE letter from Thomson :) (not going to forget to take that!!!) and it says:

'Your individual passenger hold baggage allowance is stated below:

50lbs/23Kgs

In addition to your hold baggage allowance you can take one item into the cabin with maximum dimensions 55x40x20cms and weighing no more than 7Kg'

That's for a Corfu flight which isn't long haul and we don't have Premium seats.

I've just had a look at the site you sent the link to - it's dated May 2009 for Thomson. They changed their allowances last year - also there is a 30Kg allowance (hold + hand; 23/7 max) for cruises advertised as part of 'what you get in the price of your cruise' P15 of the new brochure (it was in the last one too) but this may not apply to other non-cruise Thomson package deals.

I have THE letter from Thomson :) (not going to forget to take that!!!) and it says:

'Your individual passenger hold baggage allowance is stated below:

50lbs/23Kgs

In addition to your hold baggage allowance you can take one item into the cabin with maximum dimensions 55x40x20cms and weighing no more than 7Kg'

That's for a Corfu flight which isn't long haul and we don't have Premium seats.

I've just had a look at the site you sent the link to - it's dated May 2009 for Thomson. They changed their allowances last year - also there is a 23Kg allowances for cruises advertised as part of 'what you get in the price of your cruise' P15 of the new brochure (30Kg total: hold + hand baggage) but this may not apply to other Thomson package deals.

Can't find anything in paperwork re hand baggage but not too bothered so long as we get 23kg hold. I know they upped their cruise baggage to 23kgs some time ago.

Haven't been for brochure yet. Reading all the posts about it is making me wonder if I should bother. I just wish they would get the 14 day cruises back up and running on the site. Looking for the end of the year but system is only showing 7 days. DH thinks it's a Thomsons ploy. Wanted to sort things out before we go on Celebration next weekend.:):)

Can't find anything in paperwork re hand baggage but not too bothered so long as we get 23kg hold. I know they upped their cruise baggage to 23kgs some time ago.

Haven't been for brochure yet. Reading all the posts about it is making me wonder if I should bother. I just wish they would get the 14 day cruises back up and running on the site. Looking for the end of the year but system is only showing 7 days. DH thinks it's a Thomsons ploy. Wanted to sort things out before we go on Celebration next weekend.:):)

Try cruisedeals site - they're showing the 14 day cruises - only problem is you can't enter your choice of airport so will have to ring for specifics. I would say look at the back of the brochure for the flight supplements - but given the AI issue - perhaps all is not what it appears!!!! :confused:

were on celebration monday first cruise any tips so excited were 47 is that about the right age group or is it mixed . seen reviews for celebration cant wait , weve got the ai so bring on the cocktails !!!!

Try cruisedeals site - they're showing the 14 day cruises - only problem is you can't enter your choice of airport so will have to ring for specifics. I would say look at the back of the brochure for the flight supplements - but given the AI issue - perhaps all is not what it appears!!!! :confused:

It was actually Cruisedeals we booked next week's cruise with and who also said 5kgs for hand baggage at time of booking.:confused:

I think I'll leave the other holiday till we get back as the next week will be taken up with filling the suitcase to overflowing, weighing it, then emptying it again and starting all over again. Don't know why, we've been cruising for 20 years and know the packing drill off by heart. Must be excitement.:D

were on celebration monday first cruise any tips so excited were 47 is that about the right age group or is it mixed . seen reviews for celebration cant wait , weve got the ai so bring on the cocktails !!!!

We are on the following two weeks (10 - 24th). You will have a brilliant time. You will be hooked and looking for more when you get back. Don't worry about age - we're all there for the same thing - having a great time and doing as much or as little as you want.:):)

It was actually Cruisedeals we booked next week's cruise with and who also said 5kgs for hand baggage at time of booking.:confused:

I think I'll leave the other holiday till we get back as the next week will be taken up with filling the suitcase to overflowing, weighing it, then emptying it again and starting all over again. Don't know why, we've been cruising for 20 years and know the packing drill off by heart. Must be excitement.:D

We booked with cruisedeals too - and have the 23+7 (after querying it). If you're near the limit, tear the page out of the brochure which states all cruises have 23+7 and protest loudly at the airport!! :D

Anyway, have a great time - we love Celebration. We're off too on the Spirit so let's hope for some great weather in the Eastern Med. :) Bon voyage - and good luck with the packing!! ;)

We booked with cruisedeals too - and have the 23+7 (after querying it). If you're near the limit, tear the page out of the brochure which states all cruises have 23+7 and protest loudly at the airport!! :D

Anyway, have a great time - we love Celebration. We're off too on the Spirit so let's hope for some great weather in the Eastern Med. :) Bon voyage - and good luck with the packing!! ;)

We did Celebration in June 2008 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Shh - it was Treasures of the Baltic from Newcastle.:D but dear old Thomson deigned to drop it from their itineraries. We had hoped to do Fire & Ice in 2009 but - say no more!:mad: Maybe T will get the hint if anyone reads these forums and reinstate these cruises. No flying was great.

Enjoy the Spirit, that's what we are hoping to do later on in the year.

Go to Ephesus - it is brilliant:D Quite strenuous, lots of walking, but very

good:)

We go on Tuesday on Dream. Been on Celebration twice:):)

Linda

Ask your travel agent to ask Thomson to send you something that confirms what you are allowed for your cruise and if it is more than this take it with you .

Hi,

Were also flying with Monarch and spoke to my TA this morning regarding luggage allowance after reading your post.Assured me that the 23kg hold and 7kg hand luggage will apply with Monarch flights.He did say it will state 20kg and 5kg on the tickets but a covering letter will/should accompany the tickets.Suggest you contact your TA

Archived