Sorry folks another Question for you

:) I am a bit dizzy and so far have as I said before so far have managed booked the wrong hotel for after our cruise it has also just dawned on me I didnt choose the A.I option when booking online. ooops

Does anyone know if this can be added at the price it was when I booked if I ask them to do it.

Second question........... is it worth paying nearly £400 extra for the A.I for the week, my other half and I dont drink much we do like our soft drinks, fruit juice tea and coffee, are these available in the full board basis free without paying for A.I if not are there any bevereges at all that you dont pay for without the A.I

Drink wise we would proberbly have a couple of cocktails a day each, wine and a couple of glasses of spirits in the evening each is it worth paying for the A.I or should we just pay as we drink. Thanks in advance :)

Hi Alliballi

We booked last minute and didn't pay the extra for AI, at £368 it was a no brainer for us.

We bought a couple of bottles of wine ashore and drank them in the cabin.:eek:. Also got the wine of the day in the bar a couple of nights and drank beer on the rest. We didn't want to drink too much as we were up early and ashore most days. We had cappuccinos 3 times, the coffee at breakfast was vile but better in the evening, tea ok and orange at breakfast. All in with 2 bottles of Bacardi from duty free we spent £120 on board account which might seem a bit lightweight but suited us as we weren't there to drink. Also, not much room after eating dinner, this wouldn't suit most people on holiday though. Oh we didn't book any trips as we were in the Canaries and had done most of them so that brought the account down.

Jan

Thank you both and Jan we are the same we really arent going to drink much at any time and want to be bright eye`d and bushy tailed the mornings too. we will have a few between us each day but I am not sure the A.I is worth it for us either, if there is a 24hr buffet as advertised will they have any drinks ie juice tea coffee which are included ?

Thank you both and Jan we are the same we really arent going to drink much at any time and want to be bright eye`d and bushy tailed the mornings too. we will have a few between us each day but I am not sure the A.I is worth it for us either, if there is a 24hr buffet as advertised will they have any drinks ie juice tea coffee which are included ?

Juice available during breakfast hours in the Lido 06.30 - 11.30? also with breakfast in the main dining room - but not at other times. Tea (variety of types including Earl Grey, English breakfast, Camomile, Peppermint etc) and coffee available self-service in the Lido 24/7 and served with breakfast, after lunch and dinner in the D.R.

Thank you I dont think we will bother with A.I. It will be less for use to pay for what we drink I think we will purchase what we fancy per day and maybe smuggle on a couple of bottles of wine for the Cabin LOL:)

Thank you I dont think we will bother with A.I. It will be less for use to pay for what we drink I think we will purchase what we fancy per day and maybe smuggle on a couple of bottles of wine for the Cabin LOL:)

That's what we did, put the bag right through the scanning machine and they didn't bother. At worse they'll take it and give it back at the end of the cruise. The wine of the day on board was quite good quality at £12.99 and we got 4 good drinks out of it. As for the cocktails, they're too sweet for my taste, a bit like alchopops and the one I had wasn't very strong, but that's just my opinion. On the Island Escape we had a fridge in the wardrobe which was more than good and the ice bucket was filled twice a day so we bought some cans of coke ashore and chilled them that way. Where there's a will etc.:D:D Don't we sound a right pair of tight wads? lol :D:D

Jan

:D LOL Jan yes we do but hey look on it as part of the fun. I will be buying there booze but I dont think we will drink almost £400 of it in seven days as long as I get a cuppa at breakfast I am set, what are the soft drink prices like on board ???

:D LOL Jan yes we do but hey look on it as part of the fun. I will be buying there booze but I dont think we will drink almost £400 of it in seven days as long as I get a cuppa at breakfast I am set, what are the soft drink prices like on board ???

On Celebration in November juices, coke, fanta and tonic water etc all £1.35.

That's what we did, put the bag right through the scanning machine and they didn't bother. At worse they'll take it and give it back at the end of the cruise. The wine of the day on board was quite good quality at £12.99 and we got 4 good drinks out of it. As for the cocktails, they're too sweet for my taste, a bit like alchopops and the one I had wasn't very strong, but that's just my opinion. On the Island Escape we had a fridge in the wardrobe which was more than good and the ice bucket was filled twice a day so we bought some cans of coke ashore and chilled them that way. Where there's a will etc.:D Don't we sound a right pair of tight wads? lol :D

Jan

Hi Jan, :) you don'tneed to worry about smuggling your drinks on board - Thomson don't stop you taking it on board - or confiscate it for the duration of your cruise. (Or at least they DIDN'T - goodness knows what else may be changing along with the AI choices!! :eek: I am joking!! At least I hope so!!).

Wine isn't generally available in the Duty Free shop on board but you can buy spirits at a good price and take it to your cabin - no probs. Not like an american ship we travelled on who 'for our convenence (HA!) looked after our purchases until disembarkation day'! (Not very obvious! :rolleyes: )

Hi Jan, :) you don'tneed to worry about smuggling your drinks on board - Thomson don't stop you taking it on board - or confiscate it for the duration of your cruise. (Or at least they DIDN'T - goodness knows what else may be changing along with the AI choices!! :eek: I am joking!! At least I hope so!!).

Wine isn't generally available in the Duty Free shop on board but you can buy spirits at a good price and take it to your cabin - no probs. Not like an american ship we travelled on who 'for our convenence (HA!) looked after our purchases until disembarkation day'! (Not very obvious! :rolleyes: )

Hi Kruzseeker

When we went on the IE they wouldn't let us take the duty free away bought onboard apart from the last night. Lucky we'd got a stash anyway:D:D.

We came back onboard in Arrecife with our rucksacks crammed with wine, whisky, bacardi and cans of coke. I could barely walk up the gangplank they were so heavy, I looked like I had a widows hump I was so bent over. lol.:D They just waived us through with a knowing smile, they didn't think we were worth the bother to scan.!!

Jan

Archived