hump or no hump?

DCguys

My TA just emailed me and said that we (party of 2) can't have a hump room or any other that has the connecting doors or the square or triangle symbols. She says those are reserved for 3 or 4. Without any of those my options in the 2A category (solstice) are limited...

I don't think that's right. The "squares and triangles" designate triple or quad rooms, or rooms with certain bedding configurations. You can't get those if you only have 2, at least not til closer to sailing. For just two, you can get any of the other cabins. In fact I have looked it up and done it, since my DW is a TA.

mac_tlc

I don't think that's right. The "squares and triangles" designate triple or quad rooms, or rooms with certain bedding configurations. You can't get those if you only have 2, at least not til closer to sailing. For just two, you can get any of the other cabins. In fact I have looked it up and done it, since my DW is a TA.

mac_tlc

the saga continues... firstly, it's exciting because we just booked! Wahoo :D

I chose cabin 7177, which had no connecting door and is not quad or triple. I did have my TA ask and the cabins on the hump that I wanted (7266 or 7282) were available, BUT they reserve the right to reassign us if they sell out the category to larger parties. So if they find enough 3 or 4 person groups who want 2A they can randomly reassign us to any remaining 2A cabin. This may be ok for some, but I am *really* worried about seasickness so I don't want to be put too far forward or aft. At least 7177 is fairly central (though a bit more forward than I'd hoped). I may well call Celebrity in a few months and see if it's still there. We won't be cruising until late Oct.

We are booked on the Eqinox on the 26th of July our cabin number is 8283 on the hump I think.Can anyone tell me if the balcony is larger than normal?

Stateroom 8283 is on the back angle. It has a huge balcony -- the largest of the angle balconies. It has a fold out sofa bed, and the bed is by the bath. This is an excellent choice. You can get 6-8 people out on your balcony for cocktails with no problem whatsoever.

mac_tlc

Just booked a angle cabin # 9237 (rear hump) on the Silhouette for Nov. 2011. This cabin has the square and triangle and there is just two of us. This cabin is mine unless I decide to cancel the reservation. If they need the cabin I will swap it for a suite.

I chose cabin 7177, which had no connecting door and is not quad or triple. I did have my TA ask and the cabins on the hump that I wanted (7266 or 7282) were available, BUT they reserve the right to reassign us if they sell out the category to larger parties. So if they find enough 3 or 4 person groups who want 2A they can randomly reassign us to any remaining 2A cabin. This may be ok for some, but I am *really* worried about seasickness so I don't want to be put too far forward or aft. At least 7177 is fairly central (though a bit more forward than I'd hoped). I may well call Celebrity in a few months and see if it's still there. We won't be cruising until late Oct.

Sounds like your TA has a block of cabins for group bookings. They may be reserving the right to change your cabin not Celebrity.

Congrats on your first cruise .. you will be hooked forever !!!

The TA's explanation is still missing something for me. The cabin you wanted (7266 or 7282) are double cabins -- they can't fit 3 or 4, so they wouldn't be able to "bump you off the hump" for a group of 3 or 4. Maybe what they mean is that if they get a group that want's the triple/quad connecting cabin + the double cabin they can reassign you. I will tell you that the whole idea of resassignment after you have a specific cabin deposited or paid for is troubling, unless you booked a guarantee category. Maybe the TA is reserving the right, but they can't fit 3 or 4 in a double room either.

mac_tlc

Archived