Fish extenders for Adults

Majesty Fan

From reading the posts on the FE exchanges on other boards, I gather that all ages participate. A lot of people make different things for adults and kids, or just do something generic for the whole cabin. When you join an exchange you let the organizer know your ages so that people can adjust accordingly. I've seen a lot of people saying they make up little kits of things you might need on a cruise, like hand sanitizer or kleenex (things you might have forgotten) or keepsakes like picture frames, magnets and key chains. From what I understand some folks put a huge effort into doing something creative! I'm getting excited about doing this on our cruise.

We have participated in two FE exchanges on DCL. They are fun! We usually give kid items and adult items to each cabin. Sometimes we even personalize them. From what I have found each FE exchange is different depending on how many participants and how your group wants to do it. Be sure to check in and make sure that folks know that you want to be part of the FE exchange...

Crystal

Just back today from the DIsney Wonder. Our FE only had 5 cabins. Three of those were adults only. It was great fun. People from three of the cabins meet at Fishlips the night before the cruise for dinner.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm participating in the FE in our upcoming disney cruise in October.

I've made mickey head necklace charms, mickey head key chains with a small crochet purse on a string (like a change purse on a string) to give to all of the females (adult and child).

It may be too grown up for some kids, and it may seem too juvenile for some adults but in the end, I'm very happy with the gifts and with 100 people participating in our FE group, I'd rather go with the same gift for all females to make things a little easier on myself than to drive myself crazy trying to get 10 of this, and 12 of that, and 14 of the other - and then remembering which goes to which cabin and who gets what.

I plan on doing similar for the men - keychain, wallet and homemade joke book.

Archived