Faro Celerain Eco Park/Punta Sur

eLav8

Has anyone been here? I am looking for more info, but I cannot find ANYTHING on this site.

I know it is $10/person to enter and usually a $30 cab ride, but I need to know how much walking is required once dropped off by the cab.

Reviews on TripAdvisor say that there is a bus to take you from the lighthouse to the beach and back. What about everything else there? I really want to see this and do some of the shore snorkeling, but my mother is not a nimble as I am and does not want to do a lot of walking. She doesn't care so much about the nature trails and stuff as I do, she just wants a nice quiet beach. I prefer one with lots of reef like I have seen in the photos from this one and the beaches on the east side of the island.

Will the cabs be able to drop us off somewhere close to where the bus picks you up so she won't have to walk much?

Right now it is a tossup between this and the BarHop Bus...both will end up costing us the same...we sail in 8 days!!!

Has anyone been here? I am looking for more info, but I cannot find ANYTHING on this site.

I know it is $10/person to enter and usually a $30 cab ride, but I need to know how much walking is required once dropped off by the cab.

Reviews on TripAdvisor say that there is a bus to take you from the lighthouse to the beach and back. What about everything else there? I really want to see this and do some of the shore snorkeling, but my mother is not a nimble as I am and does not want to do a lot of walking. She doesn't care so much about the nature trails and stuff as I do, she just wants a nice quiet beach. I prefer one with lots of reef like I have seen in the photos from this one and the beaches on the east side of the island.

Will the cabs be able to drop us off somewhere close to where the bus picks you up so she won't have to walk much?

Right now it is a tossup between this and the BarHop Bus...both will end up costing us the same...we sail in 8 days!!!

We went there in January. Most just walked along a wooden boardwalk to a tower and looked over the area. There were a couple of alligators/crocs swimming around . Then we went down about a 1/4 mile or so to the lighthouse. Climbed ot the top and saw the view and swung in a hammock. There are a couple of souvenir shops by the light house typical t shirts and memoriabilia of the lighthouse. I do not believe they allow any swimming there. No beach loungers for sure. Swimming is only permitted at Chen Rio and Punta Moreno, as I recall. You can snorkel at Chen Rio but it's not spectacular. Better snorkeling is at Sunset Beach, the Money Bar beach or Chankanaab. All those are on the west shore and a shorter cab ride from the piers. And all have facilities for just lying on the beach. They're not going to be isolated quiet pristine beaches though.

If you want to see the east side, the Bar Hop Tour is a good way to do so. You can also, ask at the taxi stand what the cost would be to give you a tour, but unless you're stopping for lunch or drinks somewhere, your ride will be mostly short stops for pictures.

Thanks a lot! I have discussed it with my mom this morning and we are pretty much sold on the bar hop at this point! It's much more of the atmosphere my mother is looking for and much more convenient than worrying about taxis and walking a lot!

Thanks for the recommendations of snorkeling spots! I now have a good list of alternate options if we cannot do the barhop bus!

Thanks a lot! I have discussed it with my mom this morning and we are pretty much sold on the bar hop at this point! It's much more of the atmosphere my mother is looking for and much more convenient than worrying about taxis and walking a lot!

Thanks for the recommendations of snorkeling spots! I now have a good list of alternate options if we cannot do the barhop bus!

Bar Hop is great...when you get ot Bob MArley's you're rigth next tot he entrance to Punta Sur. View from Coconuts will help replace the view from the lighthouse.

Archived