Confused About Balcony Sizes?!

I am thinking of booking on Freedom of the Seas for May 2011. The RCCL booking page says that D1 cabins are 214 sq. ft. with a 42 sq. ft. balcony and that E1 cabins are 177 sq. ft. with a 74 ft. balcony. Is this correct? I thought the balconies on all regular balcony cabins would be about the same size. I'd like a better cabin, but not a MUCH smaller balcony!

This must be a type-o.

The actual size of the "normal" balcony for the E1, 2, or 3 is 47 sq.ft.

Some deck plans show the D1,2, an 3s as 47 sq.ft. and some at 50 sq. ft.

Hope This Helps.

Cruiselover-

Are the corner aft balconies shaded and do they get a breeze? We had a middle aft on Mariner deck 9 a couple of years ago and my husband said "never again" because it was so hot and there was very little shade. I'd be willing to try try the corner if it's cooler and shadier. We don't mind the walk and love the lack of traffic, so I'm hesitant to try the hump.

Cruiselover-

Are the corner aft balconies shaded and do they get a breeze? We had a middle aft on Mariner deck 9 a couple of years ago and my husband said "never again" because it was so hot and there was very little shade. I'd be willing to try try the corner if it's cooler and shadier. We don't mind the walk and love the lack of traffic, so I'm hesitant to try the hump.

The corner afts on deck 10 are very shaded but I don't think there is much breeze. The corner afts on deck 7 (7708 / 7408)are partly shady and you get a good cross breeze because of the port hole on the side, as seen in the picture above from the OP. The cabin is just a normal E1 cabin size.

I had 7708 last year and loved it.

Archived