Dream AI - What is House Spirts 2nd attempt

Hi

I am new to this. Should have said sailing on our first thomson cruise on 4th May with my husband. Have paid additional cost of £378 for the AI package. The booking expalantion of AI is Selected Internatinal drinks which I would hope means i.e Smirnoff, Gordons Gin etc. I am now worried after reading the letter given to the people who have already sailed on the Dream which says house spirits. Can any one clarify what Thomson mean by house Spirits.

Che:cool:ers

I may be wrong but house spirits for me are the cheapo stuff ie not Smirnoff,Bells,Grouse Whisky,OVD..

ie A number of pubs my way will offer say a double house Vodka(a brand never heard of) for the same price as a single Smirnoff vodka.If you go for a meal you`ll see house wine which will be cheaper than a branded wine

Hi

I am new to this. Should have said sailing on our first thomson cruise on 4th May with my husband. Have paid additional cost of £378 for the AI package. The booking expalantion of AI is Selected Internatinal drinks which I would hope means i.e Smirnoff, Gordons Gin etc. I am now worried after reading the letter given to the people who have already sailed on the Dream which says house spirits. Can any one clarify what Thomson mean by house Spirits.

Che:cool:ers

Hi

Thats what all the discontentment is about on this forum at the moment. Thomson's AI was always extensive with branded spirits such as those you mention. However this cruising season, Thomson has changed this without informing passengers until they are on the cruise! It is now much more restrivtive with only 'house spirits' which could be anything! Also drinks which were previously included are now not. Having paid for the package in good faith from what was originally written in the brochure at the time you booked, it would seem grossly unfair if you now have extensive restrictions on the AI package.

Hi

Thats what all the discontentment is about on this forum at the moment. Thomson's AI was always extensive with branded spirits such as those you mention. However this cruising season, Thomson has changed this without informing passengers until they are on the cruise! It is now much more restrivtive with only 'house spirits' which could be anything! Also drinks which were previously included are now not. Having paid for the package in good faith from what was originally written in the brochure at the time you booked, it would seem grossly unfair if you now have extensive restrictions on the AI package.

The drinks package is back to normal.found out today in thomsons Dundee.I was not paying £397 for HOUSE drinks;)

The drinks package is back to normal.found out today in thomsons Dundee.I was not paying £397 for HOUSE drinks;)

If I was you I would get that in writing on Thomsons headed paper and signed, otherwise you could be in for a nasty shock.

Have they given you that in writing, because as far as I can gather, they all say something different. I was discussing Dream in Thomsons on Thursday and they didn't know very much about it other than what was in the brochure, as has already been posted on here, people on here know more about what's going on:eek:

Have they given you that in writing, because as far as I can gather, they all say something different. I was discussing Dream in Thomsons on Thursday and they didn't know very much about it other than what was in the brochure, as has already been posted on here, people on here know more about what's going on:eek:
.You have to get whats in the brochure. I is the drinks package your paying for . not free AI, but you dont get fancy spirts. You pay extra but not the full price ror these, has anyone payed £189 each for 1 week, for house drinks. I will find out for myself on tuesday cant wait:)

Archived