HELP please - Aurora and re-charging phones etc.

Moules Mariniere

Hi everyone, hope you can help me (this is my first post here) as I have a question about re-charging items such as cameras, mobile phones and ipods. In a nutshell, is it possible?

I know that there is an electrical socket in the cabin because I used it last time for my nebulizer, but this item had to be handed in and checked by the ship's electrician before I could use it. Hence my querying use of chargers etc.

On a creepy crawly note, I am so pleased to have found this website which seems informative and friendly!

Thank you in advance for any help on this point. I did look at the brochure but couldn't see anything about re-charging either there or on the website.

Happy cruising,

Moules:rolleyes:

Thanks for your prompt response, I was only querying whether or not we were allowed to charge such items because of having to have my nebulizer inspected by the electrician last time.

Of course, it could have been checked to ensure that charging on board didn't ruin my neb as I believe the current has a slightly different output on the ship.

Moules

Probably as yours was health equipment they wanted to check. Personally I take my laptop, and a 4 way usb hub, then I just plug the laptop into charge with everything else through the usb hub. My camera takes normal batteries so I don't have to recharge that.

There is only one good accessible british socket nr dressing table to many pando cruisers take a 4 gang plug extension socket for plugging in mobile, camera , camcorder chargers + hairdryer etc,

Thank you all for your responses. I feel much happier about it now - I was so stupid last time I went cruising as it didn't occur to me I would be able to use any form of electrical equipment in my cabin because they insisted on checking out the nebulizer.

Therefore, towards the end of the two weeks, I worried about the amount of battery life left in my camera and mobile phone DUH:(

The suggestion re. 4 way socket is noted, thank you.

Moules

Archived