Another RCCL points ?

abhb

I just reached the 125,000 point mark. We would like to use it to go on the Oasis or Allure next summer. Do I call and make my ressie, pay the deposit and then apply the certificate or should I wait until I get the certificates? I am planning on upgrading to a balcony so I will have to pay the difference anyway. Will the apply my deposit to the difference in price?

Thanks for any advice.

Amy

I just reached the 125,000 point mark. We would like to use it to go on the Oasis or Allure next summer. Do I call and make my ressie, pay the deposit and then apply the certificate or should I wait until I get the certificates? I am planning on upgrading to a balcony so I will have to pay the difference anyway. Will the apply my deposit to the difference in price?

Thanks for any advice.

Amy

I didn't have THAT many, but here's what I did: I called and made my res first. The res agent didn't know anything about the certs or the $100 platinum C&A discount, so I just finished up the res. I called about a week later when I finally got the certs in the mail, and the agent applied the $500 cruise credit to my account and credited my card. She also applied my second cert ($250 OBC) an the $100 cabin credit. Then I sent the certs in as directed.

I just cashed in 125,000 for a free cruise. Make your reservation in your balcony cabin and pay the deposit. I booked the cruise on 8/09 for 9/10 cruise, but didn't get the certificate till 4/10. They credited the certificate and it took about 2 weeks. The deposit will cover the taxes and port charges, since the certificate does not cover that.

I just cashed in 125,000 for a free cruise. Make your reservation in your balcony cabin and pay the deposit. I booked the cruise on 8/09 for 9/10 cruise, but didn't get the certificate till 4/10. They credited the certificate and it took about 2 weeks. The deposit will cover the taxes and port charges, since the certificate does not cover that.
Exactly how it works. I ONLY use my 50,000 certificates for a free short cruise but then cruise in Junior Suites giving me more bang for my buck. You can get an estimate of the value of your credit by looking at the BASE price of the cabin the 125,000 free cruise is worth (remember it is the lowest cabin in that particular category) then deduct that from the total of your balcony. Call or book online, get the certificate, mail it in and watch the total due on your reservation online to be adjusted. :)

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks so much for the advise. I can't decide between Oasis or Allure. Freinds are going with us so I need to talk to them and get this thing booked.

Archived