travel from LGA to cruise terminal

SHERA

How do you get from LGA in New York to the cruise terminal on 12th street, do u take a cab, and if so how much does it cost. thanking you in advance.

How do you get from LGA in New York to the cruise terminal on 12th street, do u take a cab, and if so how much does it cost. thanking you in advance.

.....or a private car is the only way to get there. Neither LGA or JFK is close to the port. I know they have flat rate fares for distances like that. Just remeber you'll have to pay a toll too.

wasiii

If you haven't already booked your airfare would you consider Amtrak? The pier is on 12th Avenue and Amtrak comes into Penn Station which is 7 to 8th Avenues. I took a cab to the pier from Penn Station a few years ago and it cost less than $10.

Try the East Coast Departures board for a car service that will pick you up at LGA and deliver you to the pier. We used one to travel back home to the Philadelphia area after a transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary 2 that docked in Brooklyn. Don't remember the name of the service, but I did find it on the East Coast board.

Thanks for your help, I haven't booked any transporation yet, I am doing my price comparison, I might drive depend on which one is cheaper. I also priced Amtrak, pretty good price.

It cost about $35(including toll and tip) from LGA to the Manhattan cruise terminal by yellow taxi. Most private car service charge about the same for a slightly nicer car. see http://www.carmellimo.com as an example.

"not close" is someone's opinion. Its 9 miles from LGA to the Manhattan cruise terminal. Rarely are big city airports closer(National is an exception).

BTW the shortest way from LGA to the cruise terminal has no toll(its over the free 59th street Queensboro Bridge)

.....or a private car is the only way to get there. Neither LGA or JFK is close to the port. I know they have flat rate fares for distances like that. Just remeber you'll have to pay a toll too.

wasiii

Not entirely true. :) I take the city bus/subway. :)

You do have to be a little "hardy" and able to manage all your own baggage.

Archived