Active Excursions

kandlwed

We will be on in Colon in June and really want an excursion that will be active. Our cruise has many days at sea, so getting off the ship and doing something like hiking, biking, etc. would be great. I am having a hard time finding the "right" excursion for us. Any advice or suggestions out there would be great!

Thank you in advance! :)

I think you have a tough one here. Most of the tours I can think of that are offered are more of the sightseeing type. No doubt some of the tours will have a bit more walking than others, but I'm sure the walking is more like strolling. The Gatun Lake Kayak and Eco tour may give you a little more excercise, the tour also takes you to one of the locks, so I don't think you are going to be doing that much paddling. Also there is a Rainforest Nature and Wildlife Hike, I think that one would also fit more into the easy walking catagory.

The other popular tours usually include the Canal by Ferry, a trip to Embera Indian Village, trip on the Panama Railroad and various historical tours of Panama City would certainly be the more of the sedentary type. As far as biking in Panama, if can find one, I think you may have to consider that a "survival" type tour;):D!

Archived