Any P90Xers out there?

I'm starting Monday (5/3). I previously did it before my 10/2008 cruise and was in the best shape I've ever been. I have 30 lbs to lose by my October cruise, I sure hope I can get there! I'm going to actually stick to the diet this time, we'll see how long that lasts. :eek::o

I have been looking at this program and the results look great. Not sure if I am ready for it though. How strict is the diet? I have been trying my own plan and am having ok results, but nothing too dramatic. I really need a kickstart!

Thanks,

szq

The diet actually looks really easy, totally doable for a picky eater like myself. I just haven't been committed enough to do it in the past.

They have a couple of options. One is a lot of recipes for meals, and a meal plan to go with it. I'm taking the other approach. They have it split out into how many of you can have of certain food groupings per day. The groupings are fat, protein, carbs, dairy, fruits, vegetables, condiments, and snacks. So on my level, I should have 7 proteins, 3 dairy, etc. Then, the next page shows you what foods you can have within those categories, and you can mix and match to meet your targets. I don't eat vegetables, but 8 oz of low-sodium V8 counts as a vegetable serving, so that's how I'll be getting all 4 of my required servings. I'm going to make some corn tortilla wraps, with ham and cheese, and for dessert I've got nonfat frozen yogurt. I just cooked up a bunch of chicken I can eat with some fat-free sauces as well.

I am such a picky eater that this is the only kind of thing that I will ever be able to do. On past diets I've had to leave out the vegetables completely, as I just don't like them, and I'm sure that's hurt my results. I can actually follow this one 100% and have a decent variety (I think!) if I stick with it.

I'll keep posting updates in here as I start tomorrow - even if I'm just talking to myself, at least it'll keep me accountable. Tonight I take my before pictures and measurements - yikes!

Archived