Dry cleaning / pressing

scdreamer

My husband has gone back and forth on the decision of whether or not to bring a dark suit on our upcoming Alaskan cruise on Millenium. We will be traveling before the cruise to another destination where we must take a small plane with a reduced baggage allowance, as well as the need for outdoor active wear.

Now he is thinking he would like to try to bring a suit to wear on the cruise, but will have to pretty much stuff it in his baggage, as he will not be able to carry a garment bag.

Are there dry cleaning services on board? Pressing? We are not in the concierge class, so would like to know what the cost is for such services, and how long they generally take.

I checked the Celebrity website, but didn't see this info.

(p.s. - We understand the dress code on the ship, so we don't need that information, thanks;))

My husband has gone back and forth on the decision of whether or not to bring a dark suit on our upcoming Alaskan cruise on Millenium. We will be traveling before the cruise to another destination where we must take a small plane with a reduced baggage allowance, as well as the need for outdoor active wear.

Now he is thinking he would like to try to bring a suit to wear on the cruise, but will have to pretty much stuff it in his baggage, as he will not be able to carry a garment bag.

Are there dry cleaning services on board? Pressing? We are not in the concierge class, so would like to know what the cost is for such services, and how long they generally take.

(p.s. - We understand the dress code on the ship, so we don't need that information, thanks;))

Hi Scdreamer !

Celebrity definitely offers pressing. A few weeks ago on Equinox, I had a Sport Jacket pressed (and they did a great job) for $6. A suit would probably be a bit more. I'm not sure about dry cleaning. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

The price to dryclean a suit is under 10$, less than at home for sure.

There is a price list for laundry/dc on the X web page. Look at the FAQ section in the "before you cruise" link.

It's also been posted here so you could do a forum search.

Heres a link to the prices for the laundry service. I don't have my stuff done at home but give it to my steward on the first day. The prices are cheaper than I pay at home.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000kePQQPixDzqWGQIfrCEQU1T:12hdebebp?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

I don't worry about whether DH's suit or tuxedo needs pressing before we cruise. I always give it to the cabin steward (or butler) on the first day for pressing. It makes traveling a little less stressful if you don't have to worry about a suit getting wrinkled.

Archived