1 night pre-cruise..Las Olas?

aloisia

Hi,

We only have one evening to spend in FLL, prior to the cruise. :(

Thinking of strolling along Las Olas Blvd. Staying at the Hilton Marina - are we better to take a bus, taxi or the water taxi to get there? :confused:

Also I read there is a cafe called the "Cheesecake Factory" ? Title sounds yummy. Is it a good place to stop for a coffee/snack?

Thanks!

The water taxi would be a great way to get to Las Olas from the Hilton Marina. Cheesecake Factory is not really a coffee/snack place. It's a large bar and restaurant, a place to have a cocktail, meal, or dessert. I would suggest planning to have dinner on Las Olas...stroll around and look at menus and then choose a place. I can't think of any coffee and snack kind of places on Las Olas now that Stork's bakery is closed. There is a Starbucks a couple of blocks west of Cheesecake but I'm not sure how late it is open. Kilwin's Ice Cream and candy store is great.

Las Olas is a lovely place to stroll. Nice shops and lots of dining options. Also live music. There are some wonderful pastry/coffee cafes.

I do NOT recommend Cheesecake Factory. It's a chain restaurant and while it's decent food-wise, it's loud, busy and the food is typically calorie laden, huge and really...touristy. Skip it.

When I was young and single, we hung out at Mango's. Nice bar, live music. After my husband and I went to city hall to get our marriage license, we had lunch there. Ah...memories.

Definitely take the Water Taxi to Las Olas before and after dinner!

There are literally 100+ independent restaurants, cafes, bistros, etc. to choose from over the chain restaurants.

Las Olas is just a short walk from where the water taxi docks and most places have their menus posted out front so you can check them out and decide as you walk up and down the street.

The best part is that you'll get great food and service, and a chance to dine on the sidewalk cafe and take in the scene.

HAVE FUN! ENJOY! :)

If the Cheesecake Factory's menu appeals to you, by all mean try it. I love it, but I won't be eating there since there is one close to my house.

The portion sizes are huge, so you might consider sharing if you choose to eat there.

Thanks everyone... really looking forward to our evening!:)

Question...is there some place to buy a bottle of wine near or on Las Olas?

I don't think Total Wine is in that direction? or we should we wait until Sunday morning before heading to the pier?

Thanks everyone... really looking forward to our evening!:)

Question...is there some place to buy a bottle of wine near or on Las Olas?

I don't think Total Wine is in that direction? or we should we wait until Sunday morning before heading to the pier?

You won't be able to buy wine on Sunday until noon; that is actually a good time to get wine and go to the pier, as they often don't let anyone on the ship until until 11 or 12 anyway. You are staying about 6 blocks east from Total Wine. There is a CVS about 2 blocks from Las Olas Blvd on the corner of Broward Blvd and N. Federal Hwy (US1) and there is a liquor store on Las Olas Blvd a block east of SE 15th Ave called Macabee Liquor. They both sell wine.

Archived