Fun with Nickelodeon on the Jewel

A1SusieQ

Hi Everyone, I just want to provide the Schedule of Nickelodeon Activities with a small review of each that we attended. I submitted a full review of the cruise which will probably be approved tomorrow.

This was for a 7 day cruise leaving out of NYC leaving Saturday 4/24 and returning Saturday 5/1/2010.

We have 2 children ages 5 and 8. (Perfect Nickelodeon ages)

Saturday at 5:15 pm - Family and Kids Welcome Social in the Spinnaker Lounge - We did not attend as the kids did not want to get out of the pool.

Sunday (Day at Sea) 1:00 pm - Nick Live Poolside next to the Sapphire Pool. The show was hysterical and the winner got slimed in front of all of us. It is a game show where audience members are chosen to participate and were asked trivia questions or asked to compete in a challenge.

Sunday - 4:00 pm -Nick Meet and Greet - Crystal Atrium (We did not attend as we knew we were going to the character breakfast.) - You were able to take pictures with the characters.

Sunday - 5:30 Nick Arts and Crafts Fyzz Lounge (we did not attend)

Monday (Port Canaveral, Fl) 9:30 am - Dora's Dance Party (We did not attend as we went to Universal Studios.)

Tuesday - Should have been Nick Live Beachside but we missed the Private Island due to Sea conditions. But at 2:00pm, they performed Nick Live Poolside again. Different games, but the same premise. The winner gets slimed and the loser gets a whip cream pie in their face. Very funny and well done. All of the kids participate in the audience or on stage.

Tuesday at 5:00pm Nick Arts and Crafts in the Spinnaker Lounge - Both of my kids wanted dinner at this time, so we did not attend.

Wednesday at 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm - Slime Time Live show in the Stardust. We saw the 7:30 show and my daughter was one of the 20 kids that were pulled on the stage to participate in the activities. The show was hysterical and we truly enjoyed it. One of the adult participants was so big. (He actually looked like the Incredible Hulk.) He was slimed in front of us all. That was a great show and should not be missed.

Thursday (Day at Sea) 8:00 am - Nick Character Breakfast. We attended the character breakfast in the Azura Dining Room. Spongebob, Patrick, Ang from Avitar, Dora and Diego were all there. In the beginning they do a song and dance and when that is over, they start moving to each table. Each character stopped at every table for pictures and autographs. We really enjoyed this activity and it was quick and organized.

Thursday at 5:30 pm - Nick Arts and Crafts in the Fyzz Lounge - We attended this activities. The nick Crew was there and spent time moving around from table to table helping the kids put together their activity. There were cardboard picture frames, glue, gems and markers. You were able to decorate your frame any way you wanted. It was a nice souvenir to take home.

Friday (Day at Sea) - 1:00 pm Nick Live poolside - Same as two other poolside shows just with different challenges. We attended and the kids enjoyed it even though i thought it was repetitive.

Friday - 2:30 pm - Spinnaker Lounge - Nick Jr. Storytime. One of the Nick crew members read a Dora book to the audience while the other members acted out the story with silly costumes. It was nice, quick and organized. Dora showed up and we were able to take group photos of this event.

Friday - 3:00 pm - Nick Boardroom - Spinnaker Lounge - There were board games, Spongebob UNO and a seashell game. Spongebob Memory. The kids moved around from game to game while the Nick Team member played each game with them. Both the 8 year old and the 5 year old loved this.

The Nickelodeon Crew themselves were a great group. Very friendly and patient. They acted goofy for the kids and were very likeable. The Nickelodeon activities were great for the kids and the parents. We really appreciate NCL taking care of the families this way.

The Kids Crew was totally separate from the Nick activites. There were no Nick activities in the Kids Crew. It was nice that the Kids got a variety of Nickelodeon and Non-nickelodeon. I have all the dailies and the kids activity programs. I will scan them in when I get to the office tomorrow. If anyone wants copies, please email me. A1susieq@aol.com

I sent an e-mail too. Thanks for posting the schedule of activities. That is the most info to date regarding the Nick activities they will be offering. I'm glad you had a good time on your cruise and I'm looking forward to reading your full review.

Thank you for posting this. We are heading out in just a few days!!!

What was the cost of the character breakfast???

Was there a fee for the arts and craft thing??

Thanks...:)

I signed a receipt at the character breakfast for an odd amount like 44.86. It never appeared on my bill! I just re-checked this morning. We were not charged for this. The price was never advertised in any of the dailies.

Maybe they decided to do away with the cover charge. The meal during the Character Breakfast was very basic. Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast.

There was no fee for any of the crafts or character meet and greets.

We will be booking the Jewel again for Spring Break 2011. We loved it that much!!!

Truly hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :)

Thanks for the info.

Yes you have to register. There were 2 Nick breakfasts. One Thursday Am and one Friday AM. Just choose which day you want and call the reception area on day one or two. And like I said, I was not charged. (It may have been a fluke though.)

1. What do you feel the appropriate age is for the Nick stuff? We will be onboard the may 15 sailing with our 2.5 year old on her first ever cruise ;o)

2. Character Breakfast cost @ $15 for adults and $10 for kids? hunh?

The breakfast is meant for the kids. Technically the food is free since you can get it anywhere on the ship. They should only be charging for the entertainment of each child. IMHO adults should be free. We're only there as chaperones anyway. If these are the actual costs, that's some pretty funky pricing.

Your review made the NCL facebook page!

(also shows that the NCL people really do read CRUISE CRITIC!)

Great review. Thanks for the info. My kids are going to love it.

If there is a charge for the character breakfast, do you think it is worth it?

Thanks.

Your review made the NCL facebook page!

(also shows that the NCL people really do read CRUISE CRITIC!)

Great review. Thanks for the info. My kids are going to love it.

If there is a charge for the character breakfast, do you think it is worth it?

Thanks.

There is no real need to go and spend the extra money for the breakfast if you didn't budget for it. There are other Meet and Greet opportunities for you to have your pictures taken with all the characters at no charge. On Sunday at 4pm, in the Crystal Atrium, you can get all the photos you need. :D

1. What do you feel the appropriate age is for the Nick stuff? We will be onboard the may 15 sailing with our 2.5 year old on her first ever cruise ;o)

2. Character Breakfast cost @ $15 for adults and $10 for kids? hunh?

The breakfast is meant for the kids. Technically the food is free since you can get it anywhere on the ship. They should only be charging for the entertainment of each child. IMHO adults should be free. We're only there as chaperones anyway. If these are the actual costs, that's some pretty funky pricing.

Hi - In answer to your first question - Dora, Diego and Spongebob are icons to most 2.5 year olds. She is a great age for the breakfast, the crafts and definately the storytime. If she is afraid of characters (like my 5 year old is) be prepared to hold on tight to her. The Slime Time shows do not have characters in them at all. She will enjoy those shows because kids are getting pies smashed in their faces or sometimes on their rear ends! As to the second question, I agree, adults should not be charged. The breakfast food is nothing different than you can get anywhere on the ship and you wouldn't be there if it weren't for the kids. Logically, it is the same as going to see a kids movie in the theatre. We have to pay full price even though we would never have chosen to see "Hotel for Dogs" or "Shrek". We do it all for them! :rolleyes:

We'll definitely be attending some of the Nick stuff. Our 2.5 year old DD is starting to get into Dora and Diego and will probably have lots of fun. I wish The Wonder Pets were part of the Nick theme though. She's absolutely addicted to Wonder Pets.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived