Spirit to Alaska - #8271 - Should I cancel?

I booked a suite #8271 for an Alaskan cruise in July. I have been reading a lot about noise from chair scraping, running etc for the cabins under the Lido deck.

I guess I am wondering how bad is it. I can't change suites as there are no others available for 4. I am reaching final payment time and want to know if the noise is constant or just occassional.

If I won't be able to enjoy the cabin because of the noise I may want to cancel now. However, I really want to see Alaska!

Thanks for your advice

I havent sailed that room so can't comment specifically on it but we were warned and warned about our room last year. It was under the kitchen, we were told how horrible the noise was going to be ect. One morning I heard a couple of thumps that was it. We had no issues with noise at all. Just like people swear it's too noisy to book near the elevators/stairs, we prefer those rooms and never had a noise issue.

Our hearing is just fine so I dont' know if it varies with each cruise or what but we haven't had an issue and no way would I cancel based on what you've been told, not after we've gone on to not have the issues others claim to have.

Archived