What would you do in January- FOS or Oasis?

Party of 4- parents and 2 teens.

Of course Oasis is priced higher. Also, we'd probably fly to Ft Lauderdale though we could drive to Port Canaveral.

I'm very intrigued by all the options offered on Oasis, but don't want to pay the premium price if it will be too cold in January to take advantage of them.

Both have similar iteneraries.

What would you pick?

We picked Oasis last January and will sail on Allure next January. For our sailing the weather was great. The week before we were told it rained most of the week. With weather you just never know what you're going to get no matter when you set sail.

Which would we pick? Obviously we're going with the Oasis class of ships but, we have to fly into either port regardless and, there's only the two of us. To me Oasis has more of a resort feeling that of a cruise ship. The caribbean ports have been done to death and we don't sail the caribbean for the ports. Therefore we're choosing the ship to sail rather than choosing a cruise based on the itenerary.

We've only sailed Voyager class ships before with our kids. (Navigator and Mariner and upcoming Explorer). That being said...my kids don't want to go on any other ships other than RCCL because they have been spoiled.

Sooooo....my thinking is that if your kids have never sailed before I think I might go with Freedom and then work up to the Oasis and Allure. I think once you sail the Oasis or Allure nothing may match up again after that. Does that make sense?

I'm also thinking that because Oasis and Allure have so much to offer on the ship itself, that I would rather wait and sail them when we have exhausted most of the ports and then plan a cruise strictly for the ship itself. I just don't think 7 days is enough to experience all that Oasis or Allure has to offer if you have a lot of port stops.

We are taking our 3 kids on a Thanksgiving cruise on the Explorer. Then we will probably start saving to go on Oasis or Allure.

Have a great time whatever you decide!

Archived