Crazy question carnival hot dogs!

KACYKANE

We just got off the Carnival Freedom last week. Anybody know what brand their hot dogs are??? I know this is crazy because I am not really even a hot dog fan but these were so good! Any info is greatly appreciated!:D

We just got off the Carnival Freedom last week. Anybody know what brand their hot dogs are??? I know this is crazy because I am not really even a hot dog fan but these were so good! Any info is greatly appreciated!:D

Can't answer this with any certainty but they tasted a lot like Hebrew National, which are some awesome hot dogs.

There was recently a thread on here about Carnival hot dogs from the grill. It went on for pages and pages, but while many speculated on the brand, and even one poster emailed Carnival and asked, I dont think there was ever a definitive answer as to the brand. I just know that I have been convinced by the many great reviews, that I will have to try one on my next Carnival cruise, so I will take your query as another vote for Carnival hotdogs as being very good!:) Oh and by the way, I dont think this is such a crazy question, since so many others have raved about them.

Might be a good question for John Heald at his blog - I think the only other way you'd be able to find out is to ask one of the head chefs or food & beverage managers while you're on your cruise, and they aren't necessarily accessible anyways.

I've had plenty of the hamburgers, but I don't think I've ever had a hot dog on a cruise. Guess I'll have to have one in November! :)

I have never had a hot dog on a cruise either. I guess I will have to try one in November too.

There was recently a thread on here about Carnival hot dogs from the grill. It went on for pages and pages, but while many speculated on the brand, and even one poster emailed Carnival and asked, I dont think there was ever a definitive answer as to the brand. I just know that I have been convinced by the many great reviews, that I will have to try one on my next Carnival cruise, so I will take your query as another vote for Carnival hotdogs as being very good!:) Oh and by the way, I dont think this is such a crazy question, since so many others have raved about them.

Yes you have to try them. They are wonderful. I eat them without the bun.

:D

I don't like hotdogs that much either but I ate one on the Liberty and it was wonderful. lol:D

Do they taste like beef hotdogs? Those are the best!

Just thought of something....could you take a hotdog, or other food for that matter, off the ship in Key West? It's still the U.S.

No, because technically you left the US by going into international waters. So you can't bring it back in.

I think it was Port Canaveral where I noticed all the big signs at debarkation about not bringing food off the ship - especially fruit. I was amazed by the number of people who stood there eating said fruit right under the signs talking about the however many thousands of dollars in penalty if you are caught. :rolleyes:

Do they taste like beef hotdogs? Those are the best!

Just thought of something....could you take a hotdog, or other food for that matter, off the ship in Key West? It's still the U.S.

Well I have decided to get a hotdog the day I board the Freedom this coming September. As for your question re taking a hotdog off the ship in Key West; As much as I might like a Carnival hotdog, or not, I would not even think of taking one or any other food off the ship in Key West, only because there are so many great foods to eat in Key West. I would also hate to carry that hot dog around in my bag all day in the heat. JMHO.:)

Could it be the way that they're prepared? Many times, like at sports arenas, carnivals, snack bars, etc, they make them using the hot dog rollers. They usually taste so much better when prepared that way. A girl at work bought one of those and brought it in once for a potluck. The hot dogs were better than usual. You can buy one for about $30.

So sorry! I posted this question and completely forgot about it! Post vacation brain I guess. So busy since we have been back! Thank you for all the "guesses"! I don't think it is the way they prepare them because I have had hot dogs prepared the same way from fairs etc. and they are not even close. Like I said-hot dogs are never my first choice anywhere...but for some reason I had one and now I'm hooked! Beware-your feet may swell...but that's another thread!:D;)

Archived