Recent Coral Breeze users???

funnthesun

Not in the last two weeks ago but we did use them this past Nov & everything went very smooth & on time. And, twice a year for the last 5 to 6 years with no problems.

These guys make their living from being on time & getting you back to the tourist village in plenty of time for your tender.

Enjoy.

Bill in FL

We were there on 4/22 and they were quite organized in my opinion. We did the snorkel / Caye Caulker trip and enjoyed it. There were only 10 of us on a boat that could easily have held at least 40. It's a long trip out and back but they're located right at the tender pier and we made it back in plenty of time. Snorkeling was very, very good. The shark / ray alley stop was also good. There were at least a dozen rays and two smallish sharks. i'd definately recommend this trip.

Anyone used Coral Breeze for Stingray Snorkel/Caye Caulker in the last couple of weeks?

I'm concerned about their being "disorganized" and running late.

Any advice?

Thanks

I have had the same concerns as you are having. I'm planning our first cruise--my husband and I really want to go snorkeling, but it seems like this company has had a lot of bad reviews lately. I found another place--Sea Sports Belize--that seems impressive to me. I think we are going to book with them. Google them and see what you think.

Anyone used Coral Breeze for Stingray Snorkel/Caye Caulker in the last couple of weeks?

I'm concerned about their being "disorganized" and running late.

Any advice?

Thanks

We toured with them in April. A woman from our ship was "complaining" because they were sorting the fins/snorkel equipment while guests were getting checked in. If that is being disorganized and/or running late, then I think you need to figure out you're on vacation in Belize - it's a laid back way of life. Once onboard, the guys were fun, informative, snorkeling was the best I'd ever experienced, and we had a GREAT TIME.

When we went with them on 3/25. They were disorganized - they left the pier over 1/2 late. They had people boarding the Bannister Island boat that were supposed to be on the Stingray Alley tour so that took time to fix. When we booked the website said 45 min for snorkeling on the reef (which we did) and 45 min snorkeling with the stingrays. We had 15 min with the stingrays - basically jump in, look, get out. We were told not to put our fins on. This was one of the reasons we booked the tour. My son wanted to snorkel with the stingrays. We also paid for 1 1/2 hours on Caye Caulker. We spent 1 hour (had to eat our lunch on the boat). It was frustrating. I spent a lot of time choosing this tour for what they promised on the website. We paid $70 each. We did not get what they promised because of their disorganization. There were a lot of people booked on our tour and the Bannister Island tour - maybe they shouldn't overbook. I'm happy for those of you who have had a great time with Coral Breeze. We did not get what we were promised and paid for!

I did the Caye Caulker trip the first week of April and it was superb. They were as organized as possible considering about 70 people were going on different trips arriving on different tenders from the cruise ship.

The boat goes fast and it's a nice ride up to Caye Caulker. We had our full alloted time snorkelling and playing with stingrays...you don't need your fins when the water is only chest deep, but it's quite easy to snorkel around the rays. We were in the water there for at least 30 minutes and I have some great photos of the stinrays and a shark.

Our dive guide was James and he was great. Hennie was in charge of the group and she got us hustling on shore to get to the restaurant and eat so that we'd have some time to explore the island. It reminded me of what I thinksmall town Florida must have been like in the 1930's...really cool.

They were always very cognizant of the time and gave us precise times of when to be back at the dock in Caye Caulker and they reminded us of differences in ship time and Belize time. We had almost an hour back at the cruiseport before tendering back out.

Great excursion...nothing but kudos from me about Coral Breeze.

Thanks, jcummings. I really want to do this trip, envisioning Caye Caulker as a bit like Costa Maya. But we have a cruise newbie going with us that is going to be nervous about everything and a bit of a hard sell; so I want to make the right decision. Did you rent a golf cart? What did you do? Tell more, please!

Cindy

We did this trip a couple of years ago and they were great. Caye Caulker is nothing like Costa Maya, which was very tourist-trap-like. The description of a small Florida Keys village in the old days seems much more like it. We had no worries about being back to the ship on time.

Fun:

We did Coral Breeze a few weeks ago and loved it.

Click on my review below and you'll get the skinny with lots of great pics.

I would book them without hesitation.

Best,

Alan

Does anyone know if you can book either the Caye Caulker or Bannister tour with Coral Breezes once you get on the island or has eveyone booked it ahed of time?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

We used Coral Breezes on June 3 for the bannister island snorkel. I was skeptical due to prior posts here but they were AWESOME! It took a while at the pier to get going. We did have to wait for all to get fitted for fins and masks. We were the only ship in however so they fit the tour to our schedule and it still lasted about 4 1/2 hours. We had plenty of time snorkeling, at the bannister and coming home. The best part was that one of the crew stayed with my 9 year old during snorkeling because she was having a hard time. It was super. He was her own personal guide while the rest of us went with the bigger group. We all experienced the guides pointing out fish and coral and naming everything for us. They picked up star fish, etc, so we could touch and feel. They explained a ton about the marine life. It was a wonderful experience. On the boat they told some about the cultrue, etc. James, Mr Biggs, Karem and Eddie were all wonderful. We would use them again.:D

I did want to clarify one thing. The reason it took a while to get going was due to the tender process in Belize. We were the only ship in port (Carnival Valor) and it still took FOREVER. Before we could even get off the Valor, we were instructed to go to the lounge for a tender number. We left in that order. It was 40 minutes before we could even step on the tender to go into Belize. Once on the island, we had to wait for fitting and other excursion members. Previous posted don't clarify that delays are NOT the fault of Coral Breezes or Hammerhead but rather the system to disembark on the island.

Archived