Islander: Transportation to Coki Beach

niceneasy

We will be in St Thomas on May 10 and would like transportation to and from the beach. What is the best way of getting there (taxi or bus) and what is the cost? We want to snorkel before returning to the ship but want to be sure that we are able to return in a timely manner. Is there any difficulty gettting transportation back to the cruise port?

I don't have any experience with the buses there but it is quite easy to get a taxi from the cruise ship terminal to Coki Beach.

We were docked at the Crown Bay terminal (slightly father than Havensight) and I believe the cost for two of us was $22 to Coki.

Taxis line up right outside of Coki so there is no problem getting a taxi back whenever you are ready to leave.

Only thing you should be aware of is the taxis can hold many many people and often take lots of groups/families/people in a trip. These other people might not be going to the same destination as you so you might end up being the last stop (as we were).

If I had it to do over again, I would absolutely clarify with the driver (before committing to their taxi) when I will be dropped off.

Archived