hello...looking for a Dawn review

jdarch

nanagirl ~ I read your member review and have a couple of questions. You mentioned that you had dinner with the Captain and were charged $150???? We've had dinner with the officers 3 times now and were never charged a fee. Also, you mentioned that you were invited to dine with the captain every night for no fee in the past. I've never heard of that before. No other cruisers mentioned this availability. How were you able to do that?

2cruise4ever, below is what nanagirl is referring to. It was an added option onboard for all passengers. It was advertised in the freestyle daily if my memory is correct. The cost was 75 dollars per person. The chef prepares his own special meal. This is not the same as the complimentary "sign up for a random drawing to dine with an officer" also found on the Dawn. Nor is it the same as the special invitations some receive to dine with an officer as found throughout the fleet.

coka

"Another unique meal I found offered onboard the Dawn was The Chef’s Gourmet Dining Experience. I met a passenger who explained it was a very special dining experience. She and about 20 other passengers signed up for a fee (basically to cover the cost of the wine for passengers and gourmet food) in a private room off the Venetian. The menu was especially designed by the Executive Chef and she said it was a very pleasant evening with some of the senior officers. I saw a photo taken of all of them in the gallery and everyone had happy faces on! Although I did not partake on this sailing, I thought it a very nice option to provide passengers which is just that...an option."

Just got back from Bermuda on the Dawn and it was great! We had an aft starboard side mini-suite on deck 11. Room was nice, service was great, food was pretty good, and the entertainment was great. My only complaint is that we didn't eat at the pay restaurants more often because they're a great value!

Can you or anyone with recent experience post information about the pay restaurants? I have people who are on the Dawn in August and I'd like to give them a list of the different eating venues and the costs for each.

Thanks.

Archived