Atlantis question: Will I be in trouble??

ljrfrm

We're in Nassau on Nov. 24th during a Thanksgiving week cruise. We are a family of five, After studying all the different options for the cheapest route, I booked 4 of us at the Comfort Inn ($297). For the 5th person, I planned to just buy a daypass directly from Atlantis when we arrive, as that is much cheaper than us getting two rooms at Comfort Inn.

Now I'm worried as I just saw there are 6 ships in port that day, with 5 of them getting in first thing in the morning. How crowded is Atlantis usually Thanksgiving week? And with so many ships in port?

I thought maybe I could buy one ticket from the ship even though it's a bit more expensive - but would we be required to travel to Atlantis with the excursion or could we go there on our own with the rest of the family (will we already have our pass?). Any ideas for other options? Buying 2 Comfort Inn rooms would still be cheaper than 5 through the ship I think, but much more than we'd like to spend.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice.

I'd buy it from the ship. Thanksgiving week is a popular vacation time, I believe.

Agreed, it's unlikely that they will be selling day passes at Atlantis thanksgiving week.

Unfortunately, the person that goes with the ship will likely have to meet you there, unless you can convince the ships tour guide to give you your bracelet at the ship. Talk to him/her before it's time to go and see what options you have.

Comfort suites gives you a registration card, not wristbands, so you won't have them until you are on the grounds. You bring the reg card to the Towel hut on Atlantis property to get the bands. Towel huts open at 9am.

Thanks for the advice - I had a feeling that would be a busy week. Hmmm, now to figure out how to do this. Maybe I'll cancel the reservation and go to plan B....just gotta figure out what that is.

Archived