Please Post Pics of Your LEGAL Bar

There have been numerous threads about smuggling alcohol. In fact, you probably cannot go through a couple of pages here without seeing an alcohol-smuggling thread. There’s even one thread about posting pictures of your smuggled bar.

Well, I have NEVER smuggled alcohol and am wondering whether there are any other law-abiding citizens besides me who RESPECT AND OBEY the rules?

I am posting a picture of my fully LEGAL bar here: The bottle of vodka was purchased from the Bon Voyage Dept. Two bottles of wine were allowed. The juice and mixers were allowed, even by the NEW standard of a 12-pack per person.

This entire setup cost about $60, which is less than $5 per person per day.

Are there anybody out there who have pics of your legal bar setup? Please post those pics and be proud of it.

CIMG0244.jpg

What'd you drink after the first hour:confused:

LOL... if we drink as much as you do, our bar will probably be empty within an hour... HAHA. But anyways, we did still have a bar bill over $100.

The point is -- we saved a lot of money by setting up our own bar, but LEGALLY.

Cheers!

LOL... if we drink as much as you do, our bar will probably be empty within an hour... HAHA. But anyways, we did still have a bar bill over $100.

Cheers!

I knew that you could do the wine, However, i was unaware that carnival would let you buy a bottle of vodka, without keeping it till you disembark!

I knew that you could do the wine, However, i was unaware that carnival would let you buy a bottle of vodka, without keeping it till you disembark!

You can buy hard liquor by calling the Bon Voyage dept. before you sail and have liquor delivered to your cabin which is what the OP did.

You are thinking of the duty free liquor from the liquor shop. That booze will be delivered to your cabin the night before you disembark.

The Bon Voyage and the duty free liquor are 2 different entities.

What is this Bon Voyage department that you speak of?

The way that I understand it was that you were not allowed spirits in your room (as in a big bottle)

I've just never heard of this is all.

How do I go about arranging some alcohol in my room? :D

Cheers!

Was that bar bill for a week or a day?????:D

This came from the boards on CCL

This is a list that I found on cruise critic

Bon Voyage – 800-522-7648

Price List as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/102907/537106.aspx

Just call the Bon Voyage department, I ordered Absolut Vodka and Malibu rum for our cabin. Took 5 minutes and cost about 100.00. I can't be bothered worrying about smuggling...I do not need to drink that much on a cruise to make it worth while trying to sneak it on...

I will bring juice and such with us, also a bottle or two of wine, should be enough for the 7 of us for 7 days...

Was that bar bill for a week or a day?????:D

I spent more buying 2 soda cards than I did on alcohol on our last cruise - and we didn't smuggle anything but an open bottle of ginger ale. We did bring on 2 sealed bottles of water though. :o

Give me a Diet Coke and let me watch the inebriated people stumble about. It's all part of the cruise entertainment to me.

This came from the boards on CCL

This is a list that I found on cruise critic

BonVoyage – 800-522-7648

PriceList as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/102907/537106.aspx

Thank you Tiffany, I was actually going to call the BonVoyage dept. today to inquire on a bottle of Patron. I see that it is $70, but considering that one shot of Patron is $9.95 at the bar this would be a great savings.

Does anyone know what happens if you have some liqour left at the end of your cruise? I can't imagine taking it off the ship after it has been opened. I guess IF there were any left then we could always just leave it for the Stwards to throw away or share.

Thanks once again, I am going to print-out this list. Cari & Rick

This may sound weird to many (and I might be the minority here), but when I go on a cruise or a vacation, drinking alcohol is not the first thing on my mind even though I will buy a drink now and then. However, having to figure out how many bottles of booze to smuggle is not important to me and I still have lots of fun on my vacations. Am I so different? I'm beginning to feel like I will be the only one sober on my next cruise after visiting this site.

:confused:

Well, I have NEVER smuggled alcohol and am wondering whether there are any other law-abiding citizens besides me who RESPECT AND OBEY the rules?

Good for you and all that, I'm sure you've also never bent or broken any other rules in your life (i.e. obey all speed limits 100% of the time, never left your car parked longer than you've put money in the meter for, returned all library books before they were late, etc.) since otherwise you'd be a hypocrite. That you can achieve such a level of perfection is admirable.

With that said, I'm curious just exactly why someone cares what other people do in this regard?

it's amazing to me how much jack daniels is. i remember the first time i saw this list i was like WOW. dammit lol. tho i can function with jim beam which is way cheaper. but i'm going to do what i did last time, purchase drink coupons so my bar bill is more than half paid prior to my cruise lol

to the one poster, for left overs, bring a "rum runner" then you can pour your leftover in that and put it in your suitcase and take home :)

Good for you and all that, I'm sure you've also never bent or broken any other rules in your life (i.e. obey all speed limits 100% of the time, never left your car parked longer than you've put money in the meter for, returned all library books before they were late, etc.) since otherwise you'd be a hypocrite. That you can achieve such a level of perfection is admirable.

With that said, I'm curious just exactly why someone cares what other people do in this regard?

Great question.. I always wonder the same. I don't smuggle but the smugglers don't bother me one bit. As a matter of fact, as high as your bar bill can get I can totally understand why they do it! I personally just choose to mind my business and that works well for me. :D

This may sound weird to many (and I might be the minority here), but when I go on a cruise or a vacation, drinking alcohol is not the first thing on my mind even though I will buy a drink now and then. However, having to figure out how many bottles of booze to smuggle is not important to me and I still have lots of fun on my vacations. Am I so different? I'm beginning to feel like I will be the only one sober on my next cruise after visiting this site.

Does anyone know what happens if you have some liqour left at the end of your cruise? I can't imagine taking it off the ship after it has been opened. I guess IF there were any left then we could always just leave it for the Stwards to throw away or share.

I don't have specific knowledge, but I'm not sure why you wouldn't carry your extra liquor off the ship? I don't think Carnival cares at that point, they already have your money. If flying you'd want to have a way to pack it in checked luggage securely, but if driving him just stow it in the back. Your steward would likely be able to find something constructive to do with it if you didn't want to carry it though.

I'm beginning to feel like I will be the only one sober on my next cruise after visiting this site.

It's a popular topic, so it gets talked about. "not drinking" doesn't get talked about. So by reading here you'll get an incorrect impression. Everyone vacations in their own manner; you may encounter some who get too deep into the sauce, but I bet a lot of the folks here who come off as heavy drinkers are talented at maintaining a decent buzz and are unlikely to appear as anything but relaxed on their cruise.

Way I figure, cruise your own cruise. I order via BV to save the hassle, but I can understand why folks smuggle. If there was something I really wanted and BV didn't have it, I might smuggle some as well. Whether I order via BV or smuggle, it has no effect on other passengers (I won't buy many drinks @ the bars under any circumstance)

Archived