Celebrity Solstice Questions?

I am thinking of booking Celebrity Solstice for this summer. I will be a new Celebrity cruiser, so I have several questions.

1. What is the "X" on the glass that I keep reading about?

2. Any suggestions for a balcony cabin type/location is greatly appreciated. I prefer top deck and not under a pool or wooden deck area, as it is way too noisy for me. Maybe under the spa or a carpeted restaurant.

3. What are the best specialty restaurants and what are their charges?

4. Are the onboard extras, i.e., drinks, cocktails, photos, etc., competitively priced with the other cruise lines?

5. Does anyone know if a small electric fan is allowed onboard? The reason that I ask, is I am currently booked on Carnival Freedom, but Carnival is no longer allowing electric fans onboard. So I am definitely going to change my reservation from Carnival Freedom to probably Celebrity Soltice.

6. Any other advice or suggestions anyone has to offer?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post.

Rita

I am thinking of booking Celebrity Solstice for this summer. I will be a new Celebrity cruiser, so I have several questions.

If you look at a picture of the ship you will see the X on the side. It runs right through some of the glass balcony railings.

Murano is an excellent French restaurant. I think it is $35 pp.

Rita

I think that you will find that the Solstice is a very different experience from what you are used to on Carnival and NCL. It is more elegant and sophisticated and people dress up a bit more.

2. Any suggestions for a balcony cabin type/location is greatly appreciated. I prefer top deck and not under a pool or wooden deck area, as it is way too noisy for me. Maybe under the spa or a carpeted restaurant.

4. Are the onboard extras, i.e., drinks, cocktails, photos, etc., competitively priced with the other cruise lines?

5. Does anyone know if a small electric fan is allowed onboard? The reason that I ask, is I am currently booked on Carnival Freedom, but Carnival is no longer allowing electric fans onboard. So I am definitely going to change my reservation from Carnival Freedom to probably Celebrity Soltice.

6. Any other advice or suggestions anyone has to offer?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post.

Rita

The X on the glass: Read this review as the poster does a good job talking about X on glass balcony:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1190762

I had cabin 8259 on the bump out mid-ship. Great cabin. Read this thread for info on cabins:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Can not speak to eating places and prices vs other cruise lines. I suggest that you take time to read many of the Celebrity reveiws and you should get your answers there.

I would contact Celebrity in regards to bringing an electric fan onboard. Think they should answer that question.

Celebrity is a great cruise line. Hope you enjoy.

These are the two rooms I have stayed in on Solstice. The first is my most recent room, 9231. The second is 9223. Look at the balcony glass. 9223 was partially covered by the "X." The third picture is an external view of it.

2786620710080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2478113630080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2371792750080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

We were just on the Dream 3/10 and I took a small fan with us, no one said a word. :D Not sure when they implemented the change, but we didn't have a problem. Much prefer the Solstice to the two Carnival trips we have taken.

Archived