Got the Upsell call. not sure what to do

Being offered an upgrade from the AF Mini Suite to the AB Penthouse Suite for $500.00 even. We are traveling with our small baby so the 2 rooms would be great. Just not sure if its worth it.

Any advice or experiences?

thank you!

C

Don't do it !! You will be spoiled for live and find it imposible to book a regular cabin again. That $500 will cost you $10,000s over a lifetime.

Seriously for $500 run don't walk to the phone and accept the offer before the next person they call takes it.

Don't do it !! You will be spoiled for live and find it imposible to book a regular cabin again. That $500 will cost you $10,000s over a lifetime.

Seriously for $500 run don't walk to the phone and accept the offer before the next person they call takes it.

LOL ,,, aint that the truth ..:p

I agree 100%. If for no other reason than being able to have the butler bring you whatever you want to eat from any of the restaurants would be I'm sure very much appreciated (especially with such a little one).:D

Take it, take it, take it - that's an insane deal to walk away from - to go from an AF to an AB for $500 - but you are going to be seriously spoiled. I regret going to an AC - with no help from NCL - now I am stuck with AA's every time because you get addicted - but it is worth it.

Being offered an upgrade from the AF Mini Suite to the AB Penthouse Suite for $500.00 even. We are traveling with our small baby so the 2 rooms would be great. Just not sure if its worth it.

thank you!

C

Granted I have not yet even taken my first cruise yet, but it sounds like a great deal to me! I wish I would get the same call! I called to see how much it would be to upgrade about a week ago and it would have been $1800 for our cruise, so that sounds like a lot of savings, if it's money you can afford to spend.

Just booked it! Thanks for the advice all. Im not entirely sure exactly what all of the perks are but so far sounds cool. Lets hope it was worth it.

Smart move!

Perks include:

Bottle of champagne and flowers on arrival

inroom coffee maker

Butler Service (will bring you roomservice from any restaurant or bar any time you want)

Daily afternoon treats

Concierge Service (you can get reservations at any restaurant any time you want - no waiting - a huge help when you have a little one with you and need to keep to your baby's schedule.)

Priority disembarkation

Cocktail parties for suite guests only

Breakfast and Lunch at Cagneys (for this alone it is worth $500)

Bigger bathroom - great for bathing your baby

Huge balcony

Being treated like a king and queen (almost)

You are going to LOVE the suite life!

Hi happyfaerie,

You made an excellent move. What ship will you be on ????

My DH and i were in an AB on the Dawn in 2009. It is an awesome suite. You will LOVE the AB Suite.

minimom

We had a similar upsell from a BA to an AB for $500 on the Sky.

We are spoiled for life.

We had every breakfast and dinner served in our suite by the butlers. It was terrific. I have to figure that alone will be worth the $$ since you are traveling with a little one.

Do some searches on suite perks. They are terrific.

Go here and take a look as well:

http://www.nclsuitesandvillas.com/

WOW! Now Im REALLY excited! Thanks everyone!

Our ship is the NCL JEwel out of NYC on may 8th. This will be my 5th NCL cruise and our last (NCL Gem) wasn't as great as my previous so I was a little concerend that NCL was going down hill. I still have some worries but hopefully this room will soften any blows. LOL

I forgot to mention that they also upgraded my mom who we had an adjoining room with. She now had a Penthouse too! So we got 2 rooms ($500.00) each.

Our ship is the NCL JEwel out of NYC on may 8th. This will be my 5th NCL cruise and our last (NCL Gem) wasn't as great as my previous so I was a little concerend that NCL was going down hill. I still have some worries but hopefully this room will soften any blows. LOL

I forgot to mention that they also upgraded my mom who we had an adjoining room with. She now had a Penthouse too! So we got 2 rooms ($500.00) each.

Nice!!!

I had thought about seeing if they had an upsell available for us but we're ina Romance Suite and I don't want to give up our aft balcony. It's also just the two of us but if we're ever on a cruise with Corn Muffin, we'll probably look for a suite like that.

Enjoy your cruise, you'll have to tell us all about it when you get back. :)

thank you!

C

TAKE IT.. That is a great deal..

What a great deal. We booked an AB this year and it was 2400 more than the AF. You saved a bunch!!! Enjoy

I don't want to put a damper on anything but please don't forget about tiipping the Butler and Concierge for both cabins. They aren't part of the DSC. :D

Have a great cruise!!:D

I don't want to put a damper on anything but please don't forget about tiipping the Butler and Concierge for both cabins. They aren't part of the DSC. :D

Have a great cruise!!:D

Good upsell, you will enjoy the cabin.

Now as for what Lee says tipping for both rooms not cabins, just don't let your baby order room service(butler) or use the concierge for dinner reservations. Kids under 2 are not charged the $12 per day cabin charge, i'm sure you will be taking care of the child not your butler or concierge.

Just sayin.

We had an AB on our last cruise, just the 2 of us and had all kinds of room, and we did only tip for the 2 of us the the 2 rooms.

Archived