Carnival Fantasy and NASTY ice!!!

There are ice machines on each floor for the room stewards to draw from. These machines are not accessed by multiple nasty hands.

Only one steward per machine?:confused:

Who is to say they didn't just scrub a toilet and quickly ran to get someone some ice?

Then again..they might have some of that crusty crotch stuff going on too.:eek:

This is why we have immune systems. I don't know why so many Americans are so "germophobic".

Yes. Just think about how much worse those ice machines were when we were still living in caves. :eek:

There are ice machines on each floor for the room stewards to draw from. These machines are not accessed by multiple nasty hands.

Just wanted to chime in on the stewards using an ice machine, Some actaully DO use an ice chest. They fill it up whereever, int he kitchen or maybe the ice machine and they put it on a cart and wheel it from room to room to fill the ice buckets. Seen it on the Fantasy and the Conquest.

However, I AM a germaphob and the ice cheat on the lido doesn't bother me because my moms work has a similar set up for the severs to get peoples ice. Of course everyone in the resturant aren't dipping their hands in it. But I don't think someone should stand there and scoop ice for everyone. I don't know what I think they should have done either. (as in I'm not help what so ever but big ups to my fellow anti-germ people!)

This is why we have immune systems. I don't know why so many Americans are so "germophobic".

Agreed to that for sure.. we let our 6 month old eat off the floor and whatnotelse to help her immune system!

Quickly:

1) Ice dispensers = problem solved; they dump ice in from top, virtually no one's hands touch it.

2) Because triclosan in consumer soap really kills harmful bacteria or viruses? No, but scrubbing more intently helps. Everyone wants to do a surgical scrub before doing anything, am I right ? :rolleyes:

3) The more you use soap, anti-biotics, etc... to 'kill the germs', the more immune they become. I'm not saying don't wash up (it's good to do for sure)*, but realize a lot of it can be more psychologically appealing than necessary.

*Side story: I know all too well about employees not washing up and causing a fatality. I was eating at a restaurant the same night an employee did not sanitize their hands correctly before making the salsa; needless to say a lady got sick and died from the illness. We got a call within 24-48 hours (forget by whom...) asking us questions like how we felt. So there's some anecdotal evidence testifying to cleaning up as an important procedure.

crusty crotch stuff

:eek:

What's that?

it's not the germs....but who wants sweaty crotch residue from somebodies dirty hands in their drink???? yeah..I know...sounds disgusting... :eek:

I guess I renamed it:o

I think that the best thing to do is be as vigilant as you can. Washing your own hands and avoiding what ever you see as unsafe. I do eat at the buffets, most times, but...on our last cruise there was a particular family we always seemed to run into at the buffet-the kids were about 12-16 and seemed to have no problem using hands to help themselves at the buffets and deli...I finally said something to the daughter after she was rooting thru a bowl of pickles..with her hands.

She looked at me and continued, my daughter saw her father doing the samething later on in the week...

You need to do what you can..

My DH works in medical field and washes hand Constantly and has to use hand sanitizer, so do all the people he works with..good right?

Now, many of the nurse now have extremely dry and cracked skin on thier hands..Leaving the skin cracked, and open to skin infections. So Your damned if you do and damned if you don't!

A few years ago there were reported that the ice machines themselves were a major germ factory.

Most restaurant ice machines are in a hot out of the way place and that is where germs and bugs like most.

If I recall the report was targeting those like me who liked crunching ice. That kind of put me off from eating the ice, especially when flying as the airlines were a major violator. I still try to be careful, but have eased up some.

As a business traveler, I am amazed at how many do not wash their hands after using the facilities. Someone definitely dropped the ball on educating folks on personal hygiene.

Archived