Virgin Cocktails

kdickers

I'm trying to plan my budget and have a question . . .

My daughter LOVES getting a virgin strawberry daiquiri when we go out to eat. If there a charge or these? How much?

What about during the "Mocktails" events for the teens (she'll be 14)??

THANKS!!

Kim

THANKS Snowball,

I'm SURE that during the evening shows etc she'll want one!!

Thats about the price they are at most restaurants also so . .. I'll not complain!!:D

Anyone know the policy during the teen events?? Are they the same price then or "provided"???

Kim

Carnival is not going to "provide" something in most cases, that they can make revenue from :p I would not think they would provide these for free during any "event"... Now, if you are cruising with a group and are being provided a group or shared cocktail party, you can get one non alcoholic, you should be able to do the same at the Captains Party...

On my Princess cruises, there was each day an alcholic cocktail of the day & a non-alcoholic mocktail of the day. Often it was only around $2.00 when it was the special of the day. Does Carnival have a daily Mocktail special? I often chose it on Princess since it met the "foo-foo" drink urges in me, but it was very good and very reasonable! :D

• 2 years later...

for the soda card they will make the kids shirley temples free. Otherwise it's about $4.50 or so for the non alcoholic drinks.

As with everything else to do with kids, tell them what their limit is. If you will let them have 1 per day, that's all they should be charging then.

That's what we always do, lay it out very clearly what they are allowed to spend per day. How they spend it is up to them. But it's their vacation too, so they do need spending money.

I'm trying to plan my budget and have a question . . .

My daughter LOVES getting a virgin strawberry daiquiri when we go out to eat. If there a charge or these? How much?

What about during the "Mocktails" events for the teens (she'll be 14)??

THANKS!!

Kim

Just a word of advice....you may want to take a sip or two once the drink arrives. When we cruised the Glory, my niece- then 11 or 12 - ordered virgin strawberry daiquiri one night while we waited for the show to begin.

When it arrived it was NOT virgin :eek: !!! She kept saying that it did not taste "right" - I then took a sip and knew immediately why!! Thank goodness she had only tasted it with a sip or two before we figured it out. I guess the waiter just got them mixed up on his tray :rolleyes: .

My sister and I wonder to this day if someone who thought they got a regular daiquiri - thought that theirs did not taste "right" either!!

Archived