Deep Sea Fishing?

Cagey Cruiser

I would absolutely recommend fising in Cozumel as long as you have at least 6 hours on the water. There use to be an excellent fleet operating several vessels out of a marina. Beer, soda, sandwhiches and bait were provided. There was a captain and two deck hands that we constantly on the move making sure the tackle was exactly right. We caught barracuda, bonita, saw a blue marlin in the baits. The highlight of the trip was catching a wahoo in the 40-50 pound range.

We had a wonderful time.

I believe that this was the charter we had chosen, I do not have any of my pictures handy, but seeing the pictures on the web site brought back many wonderful memories.

As you can tell, we had a wonderful experience. The wahoo was caught in the last 20 minutes of the trip. It was like the captain was not taking us back until we had a respectable fish on board.

The prices are very reasonable, and the mates will do their best to earn a little extra, which is to your benefit because they take care of everything and all you have to do is ride and try to catch billfish.

I tried to copy the website, but give it a try, Search for sportfishing adventures, inc, cozumel. Go down to the cozumel's angler fleet. What are the ages of your boys?

We also used Albatross charters on our Explorer of the Seas cruise over Labor Day weekend in 2003. I recommend them highly. We had a great fishing trip. Even though the fishing was slow, the crew worked their tails off and while we didn't land anything big we did catch about a dozen fish.

I'll dig up the information on how to contact them and get back to you.

Anyone have any experience with deep sea fishing in either Cozumel or Ocho Rios?

Would anyone recommend this?

Archived