Route from Miami to Orlando

candit98

Hoping some Floridians can help me out. My husband and I are flying into Miami for a 5 day cruise. When we return we would like to rent a car and drive to Orlando. We have nothing planned for that day so we can take our time getting there. Are there any scenic routes that head along the coast and then hit the freeway to Orlando? I tried to look at a map but it seemed very confusing to me. Thanks to anybody that can help shed some light.

Hoping some Floridians can help me out. My husband and I are flying into Miami for a 5 day cruise. When we return we would like to rent a car and drive to Orlando. We have nothing planned for that day so we can take our time getting there. Are there any scenic routes that head along the coast and then hit the freeway to Orlando? I tried to look at a map but it seemed very confusing to me. Thanks to anybody that can help shed some light.

If you want to take the scenic route, drive A1A up the coast and stop along the way to hang out on the beach or have lunch. You could jump off at Fort Pierce and hop on the turnpike to Orlando or take A1A all the way up to Cape Canaveral and hop over.

I think the section of A1A between Vero Beach and Cape Canaveral is quite stunning and impressive. It is so nice to see long stretches of our coast undeveloped.

Or you can get to Orlando and take the turnpike.

You can take SR528 from the airport straight east to the coast, and get off wherever you want; I-95, A1A, etc. It's pretty. If you were in a hurry, the Turnpike would be quickest.

You can take SR528 from the airport straight east to the coast, and get off wherever you want; I-95, A1A, etc. It's pretty. If you were in a hurry, the Turnpike would be quickest.

OK, I'll bite. I drive between Miami Beach and MIA daily and I've never heard of SR 528. Where is it?

OK, I'll bite. I drive between Miami Beach and MIA daily and I've never heard of SR 528. Where is it?

It goes east-west from west Orlando to the east coast. It is called the Beachline, formerly called the Beeline.

It goes east-west from west Orlando to the east coast. It is called the Beachline, formerly called the Beeline.

And that's relevant to OP's request for a route from the Port of Miami to Orlando because...

And that's relevant to OP's request for a route from the Port of Miami to Orlando because...

Because it's a nice drive up the east coast of Florida and across to Orlando...isn't it?

Did I somehow misread or something? Drive...Miami..Orlando...

Archived