anybody using Friends of Dave Tours

Got a note from Dave telling me there are 14 other people from Prinsendam who are booked on his tour in Wernemunde on June 30. I have been watching the Roll Calls, but they seem very inactive, so I thought I would ask here as well.

Anybody from CC going on this tour in Wernemunde?

Hello, I would recommend that you post this in the Roll Calls section for Prinsendam under your specific sailing or in the ports section for this specific port of call. You will have a much better chance of getting an answer. Thanks and happy cruising!

Reading his page, he seems to be quite the tour guy. Hit the floor running if you want to go with him -- no quick bus tours. ("There's the Parthenon ... sorry, missed it.")

Hello, I would recommend that you post this in the Roll Calls section for Prinsendam under your specific sailing or in the ports section for this specific port of call. You will have a much better chance of getting an answer. Thanks and happy cruising!

I did post a similar thread on the Roll calls, but they are very inactive. Posts there can go unresponded to for weeks at a time.!

I did post a similar thread on the Roll calls, but they are very inactive. Posts there can go unresponded to for weeks at a time.!

I understand, hopefully you will get an answer soon. Also try the ports of call section as you may get some replies there as well.

• 1 month later...

My husband and I took Dave's tour last summer from Warnemunde to Schwerin. I found him right here on Cruise Critic and am so glad I did! We felt like we were being shown the "real" Germany with a new best friend. I hope to to tour with him again.

My husband and I (along with 6 others) toured with Dave last August. It was great. He is extremely knowledge and quite witty. Highly recommend any tour he offers.

clamar:p

My wife and I toured with Dave in August 2009. We had a spectacular time. Frankly, his tour was one of the highlights of our Baltic cruise. We laughed, ate, drank, and toured the entire day. It flew by at an amazing clip.

Cheers.:)

My husband and I went on the most fantastic tour with Dave last August on our Baltic cruise. We truly did feel as if we were with a friend that day. In addition to wonderful food, train rides thru the region, a tour of several cities, and great company, I felt as if I got to know a little about the German people-their culture, feelings about re-unification, life under communism, etc. This is an invaluable EXTRA! You will NEVER go wrong with a tour led by Dave. It will be a hi-lite, for sure.

My husband and I went on the most fantastic tour with Dave last August on our Baltic cruise. We truly did feel as if we were with a friend that day. In addition to wonderful food, train rides thru the region, a tour of several cities, and great company, I felt as if I got to know a little about the German people-their culture, feelings about re-unification, life under communism, etc. This is an invaluable EXTRA! You will NEVER go wrong with a tour led by Dave. It will be a hi-lite, for sure.

Thank yoU!!@!

My husband and I took the Friends of Dave and had a GREAT TIME. He had so much history and knew answers to all questions. We would not hesitate to take another tour with him. Funny, inteligent, knowledgable, a perfect tour guide. I think any tour he gave would be fun.

We were on the FOD tour to Schwerin in May 2010. Dave is so real, a great guy. We had a unforgettable day with him, saw so much, learned so much, great pace, lots of fun, would definitely do it again!

He also gave us lots of tips about other ports we visited which were really worthwhile and helped us get the most out of our trip - can't thank him enough

Angie Tony and Jane

:)My husband and I (along with 6 others from our cruise) toured with Dave in August 2009. Money well spent ! His was one of the best tours we took while on our Baltic cruise. Good times, good food and this guy really knows his "stuff".:p

My husband and I were on Dave's very first tour of Wismar along with Warnemunde. We had a wonderful time, learned a lot and came away feeling as if we had made a great new friend. Dave has spent the time to learn his stuff. He knows the areas well and portrays it in a manner that is engaging and very interesting. We can't wait to go back to Germany and take another one of his tours.

We went on one of Dave's tours last summer in Warnemunde and Schwerin and we not only saw Germany but had FUN. Dave is a knowlgeable tour guide, and has also become a friend. We highly recommend this tour.

i just got back from NCL cruise to the Baltics. I hired Friends of Dave for our Germany port of call. I found him through his web-site. There were four in my group and six others form the cruise. We had a blast. He is very informative, takes his time....we didn't rush. I wanted to get some good German Reisling, so after the tour he walked me and my husband back to a store to purchase the wine. We talked about him for days.

I just got back from our cruise to the Baltics. We hired Dave to take us one of his Tours. I have been cruise for over 25 years and this was my best tour yet. He is very informative. He strolled us through Warnemundo and Scherwin. He took his time, we had cake and coffee then lunch later. He was a blast. I was impressed with his knowledge of both the city, history and buildings. He was also nice enough to show me where I could purchase some very good Reisling wine....real cheap. He will also give you information about other ports. Ask him about the cinnamon beet. Good Luck..enjoy.

Archived