Taking soft drinks on board

Have friends sailing on Pacific Jewel shortly and they were wondering if they could take their own soft drinks on for thier kids, I thought I had read on here that you could, but was not sure if that was P&O or one of the other cruise lines, she enquired with her travel agent and they told her definetly not,but they said that P&O had implemented a soda card on their ships. Is there anyone that has travelled on the Jewel in recent weeks that can help me with this please. thanks Robin:)

I haven't been on the Jewel, but the P&O ships would be the same. Princess has the soda cards, P&O doesn't, but you can take your own soft drinks on the P&O ships. You just can't take any alcohol on to P&O, although you can take a bottle of wine on to Princess ships.

Hope I haven't confused you. :rolleyes:

Have friends sailing on Pacific Jewel shortly and they were wondering if they could take their own soft drinks on for thier kids, I thought I had read on here that you could, but was not sure if that was P&O or one of the other cruise lines, she enquired with her travel agent and they told her definetly not,but they said that P&O had implemented a soda card on their ships. Is there anyone that has travelled on the Jewel in recent weeks that can help me with this please. thanks Robin:)

Hi Rob,

We sailed on the Jewel last month.People we sailed with took cans of diet coke onboard no worries.

Col & Di

My travel agent phoned P&O to ask and they said absolutely no food or drink to be brought on the cruise. The lady was quite rude too...she was a bit shocked at the reply.

We didn't listen (due to posts here), and took a carton of coke and had no worries. I've told my travel agent that so she knows for herself and others. There's a fridge in your room, might as well use it!

We were on the Dawn in March.

Thanks everyone, thought that was the case but just wanted to make sure, and also for myself as we are travelling in August on the Jewel with adult daughters who will definetly need their supplies of "V" especially after a night with Col "The Fox" & co!!. Robin:D:D

yep just off pacific sun and people took some of their own soft drinks. there was only diet coke on board - no diet lemonade and a very limited range of other soft drinks. So if you particularly like drinking something specific, take it to be sure you have it with you. Also no decafe coffee beans so no nice coffee available for those people who drink decafe- very disappointing. Only the most dreadful instant decafe. A week without a decent coffee was a very long week :p

Archived