ventura library

yorkie1

Could anyone tell me how good the lending library is on the Ventura.I.normally take about 12 books with me on a fortnight holiday [i'm a bookworm] but with baggage allowance dont want to take up space with books but I cant go a fortnight without reading everyday if its rubbish I will have to cut down my hubby's luggage allowance lol

I have the same problem as you - I love reading and take a ton of books on holiday. I also like to save the latest releases for my hols and they are hardback which weigh a ton. I used to take them and leave them behind because that gave me some extra room for the things I bought. However, I now use a ebook reader. I got one for Christmas a couple of years ago and although I was a bit doubtful about it I now love it. It's so easy to use and I go so comfortable with it that I was flicking my finger across the top of it to turn the page! It hold's hundreds of books and only takes up the space of a large but thin paperback. Would definitely recommend this.

Can I chip in with a question from my 9 year old daughter. Does the Ventura library have any childrens books? Many thanks

Yes, they do have a couple of shelves of children's books (but not loads). My 4 year old took out books for bedtime but never got round to reading them after he finished in the children's club at night!

Went on the Ventura last year, and although I dont read much myself, my mum does and she was very impressed with the library. In fact she said it was the best she had seen on a cruise ship and we have been quite a few!!

Regards

Sara

• 3 weeks later...
Could anyone tell me how good the lending library is on the Ventura.I.normally take about 12 books with me on a fortnight holiday [i'm a bookworm] but with baggage allowance dont want to take up space with books but I cant go a fortnight without reading everyday if its rubbish I will have to cut down my hubby's luggage allowance lol

I would also recommend an e-book reader as a previous post has suggested. I use one made by Sony and found it invaluable on my last cruise. It is much easier to read than a paperback and you can't lose your place! It holds hundreds of books.

Archived