Can anyone recomend cabin on deck 7

Hi,

Just back off our cruise and have had a call from our T.A.

Looking for a cabin on deck 7 on the Spirit for Red Sea Magic for April 2011.

Any recommendations please?

Berwyn

P.S. DW will not do inside or low down porthole cabins.

Hi,

Berwyn

Berwyn

If you want a suite then any of 116 to 125 are ok - if you want a double bed in a deluxe then 108 to 111 - if you are not bothered then really any of them are ok but if I were picking I may pick a lower number than a higher one. The stairs outside 104 and 105 are usually cordoned off but to be extra sure consider avoiding 104 to 107.Deck 7 you will have some lifeboats part blocking the view but you can see under them. Outside on Deck 4 are ok - window - not as big as Deck 7 window but bigger than a porthole - on that deck 320 to 348 port or 321 to 349 starboard. 356 to 362 and 355 to 361 are ok too.Avoid 370 as it is opposite the stewards room and they meet and chat outside your door at 6.00 am and may wake you up !! No issues of significance with the Beauty salon. Deck 3 is all portholes. Deck 6 is very popular as you feel like you almost have a balcony if you get one near the doors eg 216 /217 or 229/230 that lead out on to the promenade deck.

Gareth

Gosh thats quick Berwyn..you've only just got back!!

We always pick deck 6 for the reasons Gareth says...its nearest to a balcony...have had 223 on Spirit and Celebration and its ideal, spacious and quiet with picture window...

Gosh thats quick Berwyn..you've only just got back!!

We always pick deck 6 for the reasons Gareth says...its nearest to a balcony...have had 223 on Spirit and Celebration and its ideal, spacious and quiet with picture window...

Thanks Jenny,

Got to think about things fairly quickly as holiday dates at DW's workplace are starting to fill up, even for next year.

Berwyn

Hi,

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

A little tip, if you book a 3/4 outside cabin you can then prebook cabin numbers on deck 7/8 but you only pay the supplement for the 3/4 outside cabin and of course the cabin number fee. If your travel agent calls the prebookable cabins just before confirming your booking they will be able to tell them if these numbers are available. We have stayed in cabin 50 on the bridge deck(3/4) which was very spacious and we encountered no noise issues at all and we have stayed in cabin 126 on deck 7 (3/4) cabin and no noise....

Deck 8 - 3/4 cabins are numbers 50,64,67.

Deck 7 - 3/4 cabins numbers are 126,127,128,129. They are all twin rooms though and an L shape with windows.

Hope this makes sense!!! Have a look at the deck plans and you will see what i mean. These are not deluxe cabins Berwyn but could maybe save a little money....

Hi,

Thanks for that. It's DW that is the problem. She doesn't want to be too close to the water :confused: You're in a ship woman, surrounded by the stuff.

Won't do portholes or insides, and definitely no deck 6 with people walking past the windows.

Berwyn

We were on the Spirit in March, deck 7, cabin 138 - it was very nice..the view was slightly obstructed, but nothing off-putting. There were two nice windows, and the cabin was plenty big enough for us two and our little on.

Thanks for that, no noise from the bar underneath?

Berwyn

Its not really a bar, well it is but mainly used to sell drinks for the shows. in my experience the only bar generating significant noise is the disco, all others only seem to have about a dozen people in them after midnight.

Its not really a bar, well it is but mainly used to sell drinks for the shows. in my experience the only bar generating significant noise is the disco, all others only seem to have about a dozen people in them after midnight.

Thanks Dave.

Does anyone know what goes on in the white area behind the bridge on the deck above cabins 104 to 113 ?

Berwyn

Thanks Dave.

Does anyone know what goes on in the white area behind the bridge on the deck above cabins 104 to 113 ?

Berwyn

We have pre-booked 113 on Celebration this August so would also be interested in the answers on this thread !!! I know we are opposite a staircase and 1 x lift, but I'm hoping it wont be quite so busy as those in the middle - also can't work out whether the door will open onto this area of whether they are further 'along the corridor' kind of thing - can anyone advise ?

Fig

Thanks Dave.

Berwyn

I would imagine bridgy stuff plus the captain, senior officers etc live and party there all night :D

Archived