is disney like carnival?

blueiis_99

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if disney is like carnival in these way's;

1. do they offer drink coupons? carnival did and what an expense saver.

2. do the kids get their own drinks cards? On carnival you pay $20 or so and the kids drink soda when they want it instead of paying per glass. (which gets expensive)

3. can you bring your own soda or alcohol on board?

also has anyone booked extra day's on land, when doing the 3day land/4 day sea trip? The last time I took my kids on a "disney" cruise it was when premiere

was running the experience. (you can see it was a Loooooong time ago).

I would love to do 10 days total since there is too much to see on land, and I know the kids want to do universal and sea world too.

thanks!!:)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if disney is like carnival in these way's;

1. do they offer drink coupons? carnival did and what an expense saver.

2. do the kids get their own drinks cards? On carnival you pay $20 or so and the kids drink soda when they want it instead of paying per glass. (which gets expensive)

3. can you bring your own soda or alcohol on boad

also has anyone booked extra day's on land, when doing the 3day land/4 day sea trip? The last time I took my kids on a "disney" cruise it was when premiere was running the experience. (you can see it was a Loooooong time ago).

I would love to do 10 days total since there is too much to see on land, and I know the kids want to do universal and sea world too.

thanks!!:)

#1- No

#2- Soda, juice, coffee, iced tea etc.. is available for free on deck 9 and in the dining rooms. :)

#3-YES!!! :)

#4-That wasn't really a Disney cruise. This is much different then Premiere. I have never booked a land/sea. It's cheaper to do it on your own.

Last I knew (4/04 cruise) soda and juice were not free... only water, milk, iced tea and fruit punch on deck 9. They were free in the dining rooms during meals. You could buy a travel mug that you could fill with soda for the length of the cruise. Has this changed?

thanks for the info.

although i still can't figure out how booking seperately is more cost effective. I have run both #'s on several different travel sites, and when I add everything together... it come up about the same. Disney was cheaper by 3 dollars.

:o :eek: :cool:

Last I knew (4/04 cruise) soda and juice were not free... only water, milk, iced tea and fruit punch on deck 9. They were free in the dining rooms during meals. You could buy a travel mug that you could fill with soda for the length of the cruise. Has this changed?

Disney now has soda and juice available 24-7 at the beverage station on Deck 9. They have discontinued the refillable mugs and drink stickers. Soda and juice from the bars still cost $$.

Rick

thanks for the info.

although i still can't figure out how booking seperately is more cost effective. I have run both #'s on several different travel sites, and when I add everything together... it come up about the same. Disney was cheaper by 3 dollars.

Have you thought about staying off Disney property for the days that you are on land? There are many hotels very close to property that give you similar accomodations for half the price. Many of them also include breakfast which can save you a lot compared to the food prices on property. Many of the hotels also shuttle you for free (if a rental car is not in your plans). Try pricing that along with an inclusive package.

thanks for the info.

Maybe. I just usually feel like I can get a discount on the resort myself, plus we have annual passes and the packages usually include things we don't need.

Just book whatever is cost effective for your family.

thank you all for all of the information this is so helful.... I have been running numbers on our dates :eek: (i'm still sane so far) for days.... looks like we are ready to book finally... looking at the sailing of the 3 day cruise Aug 25....

again thank you,,, I look forward to picking all of your brains for the next 6 months!!!!:o

:D jeanne

If you are planning a visit to Universal and you don't mind changing hotels (it's worth it!!!!!), you might want to check out a Universal Studios hotel onsite. There are three and the are part of the Loews hotel group. If you stay in one of these three hotels, your room key acts like a key to advance to the front of EVERY line at both Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. This REALLY saves time, keeps you from standing around and being bored and out of the heat. You can't imagine how fast you can do the parks when you don't wait in lines. There are other perks as well like water taxis, admission to the to City Walk area, etc. The hotels are a bit expensive but well worth the price. If you look hard, you should be able to do the Disney land part of your trip cheaper on your own than through the cruise Land/Sea package. Have fun.

thank you all for your input.. I tried to take alot of the advice that I was given,,,but my family (well my "other half"):mad: is a pain in the butt... so I went a cheap as I could we finally booked everything yesterday. I went thru a travel agent, but I already knew what I needed and what the prices were. We are a family of 4 going Aug 18 and returning the 28 with the 3day cruise starting on the 25th. I have a 17 year old, and a 6 year old going:eek: ,,, I hope to meet somepeople on here that are going the same day so the kids can get together. I'm so worried that my teen won't find anyone to "hang" with.:confused:

I ended up just booking the animal kingdom for all 7 days. (noone wanted to change hotels) I travel all the time and figured it wouldn't be a big deal. But on the up side,,, I did save on having No rental car. (grandparents live in FL so they will meet us and drive).

Again to all thanks a bunch.... now I have 6 months to plan a stress free trip!!! yeah right!:rolleyes:

Jeanne

Archived