I Guess Carnival got sick of MrPete's whining.

big_duck

Maybe it differs depending on the "type" of cancellation. In this case, they are replacing a 7-day Bahamas with a 7-day Bermuda. I do know that if he has any question, which is rare, he immediately puts me on hold and goes to a supervisor.

Guess we'll see as soon as they update those Baltimore sailings.

Agree..NCTribe...we ended up with a 7 day sailing last year on the Ecstasy that was a 5 day due to them not going to the Mexican ports becaue of the H1N1..but our cruise last July to HMC and Grand Turk was supposed to be on the Pride..and think we had to be rebooked on that when they switched ships to the Liberty:eek:

I would book now if I thought it would do any good..but thinking I could also call Carnival and get several different opinions depending on who I talk to! So will just wait a while and check the website daily.

• 2 weeks later...
I just grabbed the last 1A available on the 4/17 sailing.

Unfortunately, my PVP told me that if the Bermuda sailing is more expensive than the Bahamas, that my rate will go up! So, although I locked in the cabin category, I haven't locked in the price. :(

He's going to let me know when the bookings open up as soon as they get the info.

He did actually mention that many schedules were on hold until the Magic & Conquest thing is finalized, so I took that to mean that Magis really is going to go to Galveston and Conquest is going elsewhere!

I told him I want to know about a 1A on Glory. If the Glory sailing is WAY cheaper, I'll switch. That extra night on Pride would be nice, but Norfolk is much more convenient than Baltimore (although still not a bad drive, if I go out of my way to avoid DC).

I just didn't want to wait.

And he said he has NO idea when the others may open up. Maybe in 2-3 weeks (watch, it'll happen while I'm on Fantasy and the cabins I'm looking at will be taken when by the time I get home).

Well, it seems as if Carnival updated the schedule for the 4/17 sailing this past Thurs or Friday. I called them and the PVP said that my price from having been booked was "protected" with no change even though the VS category had gone up $40. They just sent all the new info with itinierary change to Bermuda but with same pricing I booked at. So, as usual with Carnival or any line, guess it depends on whom you get when you call in....

• 1 month later...

Booked:D Pride...Baltimore....Bermuda.....04-10-11...a cruise I've wanted to do for a long long time:)

I mapquested Charleston and Baltimore from where we are in NC...Baltimore is 13 miles closer...looking forward to a night pre-cruise and some good seafood in Baltimore

So who's booked?

I booked the Miracle Bermuda cruise next September 11. I wanted the 8 day out of NYC. I have always wanted to sail from there. I also think a three day port stop will be a welcome change of pace for us. I only booked so early to snag a VS on Deck 4. So far, all of the other VS cabins are available.

Booked:D Pride...Baltimore....Bermuda.....04-10-11...a cruise I've wanted to do for a long long time:)

I mapquested Charleston and Baltimore from where we are in NC...Baltimore is 13 miles closer...looking forward to a night pre-cruise and some good seafood in Baltimore

AND you get the better ship!

For all of you who can't wait to go to Bermuda....

Would you tell me why you love it??

I know next to nothing about Bermuda but some are raving about it.

I noticed one of the 7 day cruises stays there 2 1/2 days. Is there that much to do there?

I'd really love to hear all about it!!

TIA

For all of you who can't wait to go to Bermuda....

Would you tell me why you love it??

I know next to nothing about Bermuda but some are raving about it.

I noticed one of the 7 day cruises stays there 2 1/2 days. Is there that much to do there?

I'd really love to hear all about it!!

TIA

Hope I'm not repeating myself, but I fell in love with it before we docked.

I knew NOTHING about it. I was up on the ladder slide, as we made our way past the west approach of the island (you sail the entire north border of the island, till you get to King's Wharf at the East End).

All the colorful houses dotting the island, amoung all that green, just caught my eye.

We made our way down, and just watched the entire time.

166677341ZVDKBN_fs.jpg

The air was fresh, and the breezes were balmy and cool.

Once, getting off the ship, we were greeted with the friendiest of people. Everything just seemed so regal. The Wharf on our first visit seemed like a deserted naval base (in fact it was), but has since built up.

We headed directly straight for the beach, and was greeting with that pink sand, the turquise water, which was actually clear. You could see right through the waves, the water was SO clear.

DSC02165.jpg

We take the ferry into Hamilton. There is a smaller ship docked right there "downtown". More colorful houses, dotted at the harbor entrance, and then into town. CLEAN. Everyone, still ultra friendly.

Was very sad leaving, but have been back three times since.

Mr. Pete..we were supposed to be on the Pride last year..and they switched ships on us..to the Liberty...bigger is not better:)

I love the Spirit class and it's been years since we've sailed the Pride..I'm excited:)

KenMo..we've never been to Bermuda..but it's straight out from NC which is interesting to me..and always thought we would enjoy seeing the island..trying out some restaurants..and the beaches. We've done the Caribbean so much we are trying to find something new and different at an affordable price and fairly close to home.

Carnival hit it on the head with these Bermuda cruises, different ports to sail out of, good prices and good ships:):)

Wow..thanks for the pictures..I'm even more excited now...the beach is beautiful:):):)

BTW...have you ever heard of Beach Glass is think it's called??? People collect it and pick it up on the beaches?

We booked for October 2nd the first day that the cruise was offered. We couldn't sail the week of 4/10, and the prices for 4/17 were crazy because of Spring break. It actually worked out in the long run, because we much prefer the October date weather-wise. I was forced to be patient, and I couldn't be happier with the result!

October 2nd the day it was released! Can't wait to sail out of Baltimore again and to visit Bermuda again.

As far as I am concerned this is the most refreshing thing Carnival has done in awhile.

Thank you for the pictures MrPete.....beautiful!!

The more I think about it, the more this cruise would appeal to me.

I'm looking for something other than the Caribbean and I'm not quite ready for Alaska yet.

Staying in Bermuda for a couple of days on the ship would kind of be like staying at an AI.

Wow..thanks for the pictures..I'm even more excited now...the beach is beautiful:):):)

BTW...have you ever heard of Beach Glass is think it's called??? People collect it and pick it up on the beaches?

There are two good glass beaches in Bermuda, Glass Beach by the Dockyard, and Alexandra Battery by St. George. Alexandra also has a sea cave that is thick with glass.

We're booked for next April. We took the Pride out of Baltimore last year, and loved that we could get into our car at home, drive about 75 minutes, park, and be inside the door of the port within 5 minutes of parking. :-) We, too, were very excited about the change in itinerary; I don't think we would have booked again on the Pride so soon had we still only had the Caribbean option (although, staying 2 to 3 days at HMC would have probably made me book!).

Can't wait.

S.

There are two good glass beaches in Bermuda, Glass Beach by the Dockyard, and Alexandra Battery by St. George. Alexandra also has a sea cave that is thick with glass.

Alway slearnin gsomethin gnew.

I remember going over to Alexandra Battery when I lived there. The glass was so thick there at times, you couldn't see the sand! It was so much fun!

Lovely beach but WAAAYY too many people for me. WAY too many. :(

Which beach is that? I did some reading on the Bermuda board, and it seems as though all the beaches along the south coast are nice but there are very limited facilities.

Of course, I'll be there in mid-October, 2011, so maybe there won't be so many people. Sure hope so. Hate to spend all this money and go all that way to be crammed on the beach with a thousand other people.

Archived