How many people is to many for anytime dining?

idlenote

Well, we started off with the two of us, then two more and a kid, and today two more. We have used the anytime dining for the last year and are perfectly happy with it, but with six and a high chair, I'm wondering if we are overloading the system.

With four of us, we never had to wait more than five minutes, can anyone give us their experiences with this many people?

Thanks,

Jim

with our party of 6 - only had to wait once, for 5 minutes, on a 7 day cruise...

i suppose you could go 1 of 2 ways... either a 6 top, and scoot in the high chair... or an 8 top... i would suspect that you MIGHT have a higher chance of a wait for a larger sized table / party... but i've also read people with parties of 8 say they had a similarly short wait as with our 6 top...

i would not be concerned with 'overloading' the system - and if it's what you want, i would definitely not hesitate...

and in fact, i would think that it would be an asset - with more people, there's more chance for variance, and potential 're-scheduling' of your nightly dining time...

i love having the choice, personally - it can prove invaluable... :D

I will be interested in reading these replies. We have a family group of 8 going on the Legend in August. I was tempted to try the anytime dining for the first time...but decided with that many we are better off doing the early seating.

I like getting to know the waiters...AND...trying to get 8 people to agree on a time might get complicated (I know what my kids are like!) Anyway...this way everyone will know that dinner is at the same time every night. We are taking our adult kids & spouses and the only stipulation is that we all eat dinner together as a family each night.

Thanks to all, I guess we will stick with the anytime and see how it works out, at least that way we can give some feedback. It would take the pressure off of everyone about being there on time.

I have to admit I don't like coming back from ashore and not having enough time to get ready for the 6 dining.

Archived