Can we make an 11:15 flight out of FLL

melmich

We have just booked the Allure Pre Inaugural and I am looking for flights. Can we make it to the airport for a flight out of FLL at 11:15?

Is self disembarkation possible?

You can make it to the airport for that time, but that's only half the battle. Last cruise, we got to FLL at around 9:30 am... and it took us over 2 hours to check in with Air Canada. Personally, I would book a later flight, especially if you're flying to Canada.

We had an 11:10am flight a few weeks ago and we arrived at the airport by 8am. I would definitely do self assist, and get off the ship early. Things were relatively calm at the airport when we got there, but I know we were about an hour or two ahead of a huge rush.

If your flight is on a weekend the FLL airport can get very busy in the morning. This is when the majority of the cruise ships get in. It can sometimes take hours to get through security. I have even seen it stacked up on weekdays.

I would suggest a later flight, and depending on which pier you are at, take a stroll or ride to one of the 17th street restaurants and have a leisurely lunch, then grab a cab to the airport.

Archived