FUN! This cruise is FUN! You are having FUN! Everything is FUN!

Carnival is "The Fun Ships", has been since the 70s, got it. It used to be a harmless little catchphrase. We all have fun on cruises, and before we even go on the Fun Ship we fill out a Fun Pass, understood.

The longtime daily cruise publication known as "Carnival Capers" has been changed to "Fun Times". Plus, I can go on Carnival's website and visit "Funville", then be reassured that Carnival is indeed "All For Fun, Fun For All".

I feel bombarded by the word FUN in big blocky red and blue font. It's like a kids toy commercial that constantly flashes colors and yells loud exclamations about the product. I really miss the old "Beyond the Sea" advertising campaign. Partially because I like Bobby Darin, but mostly because it was understated and classy.

Sorry for the random musing, but it does beat another booze thread.

:D:D:D:p:p:p

Just the title of your post alone has me laughing hysterically. Awesome.

I know Gary, I know! It must have happened recently, they were still the good ol' Capers on Destiny back in January.

Was on the Triiumph last month and no more Capers! i really missed it. Also, no more Captain's Welcome Aboard Party with free drinks and food.

I think Pompous Ship (not RCCL) would be boring and stressful. We almost booked on another line this time. They had a few great islands that I wanted to visit. However, I just couldn't get excited about the more sedate ship.. Oh how exciting, let's go play croquet..:rolleyes:

Give me fun anytime!

• 2 weeks later...
Carnival is "The Fun Ships", has been since the 70s, got it. It used to be a harmless little catchphrase. We all have fun on cruises, and before we even go on the Fun Ship we fill out a Fun Pass, understood.

The longtime daily cruise publication known as "Carnival Capers" has been changed to "Fun Times". Plus, I can go on Carnival's website and visit "Funville", then be reassured that Carnival is indeed "All For Fun, Fun For All".

I feel bombarded by the word FUN in big blocky red and blue font. It's like a kids toy commercial that constantly flashes colors and yells loud exclamations about the product. I really miss the old "Beyond the Sea" advertising campaign. Partially because I like Bobby Darin, but mostly because it was understated and classy.

I understand your point, but remember, it could be worse....

THEY COULD BRING KATHIE LEE BACK!!:eek:

What a FUN thread! ...or would that be redundant for me to say that? LOL, anyway thanks for the FUN laugh! I think I've read the word FUN enough times now that it actually seems like a rather strange word...perhaps a good sign of its overuse!

Archived