name change fee -it's the same person

My husband and I are booked on the Dream for the fall. Well in Sept we apllied to get him US citizenship. In Jan he got his letter for interview. In Feb he got the letter to be sworn in a US citizen. He changed his name Mike from Miodrag and had the Miodrag as the middle. I was try to do our fun pass on line and I could not edit it. Well my TA called Carnival and guess what wanted to charge us $50 for the name change. Well she made all sorts of calls to her corporate office. I booked with AAA. Well luck would have it they accepted it and I don't have to pay. I understand if you are changing the name of the person going but it is one and the same. Just me venting.

Lexi

My husband and I are booked on the Dream for the fall. Well in Sept we apllied to get him US citizenship. In Jan he got his letter for interview. In Feb he got the letter to be sworn in a US citizen. He changed his name Mike from Miodrag and had the Miodrag as the middle. I was try to do our fun pass on line and I could not edit it. Well my TA called Carnival and guess what wanted to charge us $50 for the name change. Well she made all sorts of calls to her corporate office. I booked with AAA. Well luck would have it they accepted it and I don't have to pay. I understand if you are changing the name of the person going but it is one and the same. Just me venting.

Lexi

The computer didn't see it that way . . . so, thankfully, you had a human to override its decision. :D

(same thing happened today in the stock market when superfast interconnected computers capable of 20,000 to 30,00 transactions per second, overrode common sense and caused the biggest intraday drop in the market)

Lexi

But you ARE changing the name of the person going... :D

Sounds like you got lucky and found someone willing to above and beyond. ;)

I'm glad you found someone to override it! My PVP always tells me to double check spellings on my confirmation - that she only has 24 hours to correct them if something is wrong before the fee kicks in - even for just spelling!

Archived