Western Heritage Tour In Freeport??

rene194215

Has anyone done this tour? It is listed with Carnival but here are the particulars. Has anyone been to any of these places? I am looking for something that my mom would enjoy and she likes plants and flowers and all that and this includes some of those things....

Discover Grand Bahama Island’s natural wonders, history and culture as you visit 5 heritage sites.

On this excursion, you will:

• Travel through the western part of the island aboard an island bus.
  • Visit Mermaid Pond and the historic Pinder’s Point Lighthouse that served as a guide for mariners during the 17th century.
  • Continue on to Hawksbill Creek and the famous Boiling Hole to learn about the island’s geology.
  • Arrive at Holmes Rock, an inviting nature trail will lead you to Josey’s Cave.
  • Walk along a boardwalk into the cool environment of Fern Gully, the perfect place to admire ferns and other wetland vegetation.
  • Proceed to a beautiful beach and one of the top snorkel sites on the island.
  • Snorkel around a pristine reef teeming with fish and other marine organisms, relax in your comfortable lounge chair, and enjoy lunch at the beach, prepared fresh from the grill.

NOTE: Lunch and snorkel gear included.

If she likes plants and flowers, find a tour that includes a stop at the Garden of the Groves - www.thegardenofthegroves.com. It's the botanical garden.

Hi, I was looking at this location but what I was not sure of is how far this is from the port and if we could just take a taxi? I have done excusrsions on my own without the ship and I think the only one with the ship is a Jeep excursion which we cannot do since my mom has some back issues.

I figured we could do something like this here and in Nassau do a beach day and then the straw market.

If you know more about the gardens and how to get there I would appreciate it!!

Hi, I was looking at this location but what I was not sure of is how far this is from the port and if we could just take a taxi? I have done excusrsions on my own without the ship and I think the only one with the ship is a Jeep excursion which we cannot do since my mom has some back issues.

I figured we could do something like this here and in Nassau do a beach day and then the straw market.

If you know more about the gardens and how to get there I would appreciate it!!

You can take a taxi - it's about 30 minutes - but a better value is to do a tour, since taxis are expensive. I think the Jeep tour goes there too. You can also rent a car.

http://www.forbescharter.com/tours.asp?fc=2

http://www.ftandtour.com/page5.php

http://www.toursbylocals.com/Bahamasfreeportgardentourshoreexcursion

• 3 years later...

Archived